Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
***Candidates must be a US Citizen and hold a current Secret U.S. Government Security Clearance at a minimum to be considered for this position. ***
What You'll Do
The Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of Customer Experience Data Center,Security Cisco's Tier 1 Customers in the US Public Sector market.
Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex solutions. Customer Experience CEs assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. CEs identify and document network/security design and architecture best practices.
Customer Experience CEs align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives. On a quarterly basis, CEs are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. CEs will provide backup support on other Customer Experience accounts. Engineers will demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers.
In addition to an CEs day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other CEs will be required. CEs lead the responsibility for driving regional Customer Experience projects and customer based project initiatives. CEs will actively lead complex network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. CEs solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies.
Other Objective Included:
· Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex networking, data center, security, or collaboration problems
· Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve problems and compatibility issues
· You will work with the Virtual Teams
· Provides ad hoc systems/product training
· Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer work
· May act as the technical specialist for complex deployments
Who You'll Work with
You will work with multiple customers across the US Public Sector market helping to design, implement and optimize wireless solutions to support their business outcomes or mission requirements.
The Public Sector Customer Experience involves helping to craft the customer's vision for their network and maintain a secure, state of the art environment that is second to none in terms of network up time and reliability. The qualified engineer in this account will be able to have an impact on this Federal Government customer and help them transform to meet their mission.
You'll be working with a team of high performing engineers and architects developing and deploying leading solutions and architectures to customers - along with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our members work cross-functionally and together to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to insure personal and professional growth.
Who You Are
Our minimum qualifications are the following:
- CCIE-Data Center or equivalent expertise/experience with Data Center technologies
- 3-5 years relevant experience in enterprise network engineering
- A deep understanding of key technologies and protocols in data networks within the CAN, WAN, ACI datacenter and related security technologies.
- Technical expertise: routing protocols, security systems, virtualization (networks and servers), tunneling techniques (GRE, IPsec, and MPLS), IPv6, Quality of Service, IP multicast, NAT
- Network design skills; examine requirements and provide solutions within the constraints specified. Follows the agile methodology for fast solution delivery, testing, and value realization
- Basic Cisco product knowledge (does not include pricing, licensing, or ordering information)
- Leadership by example, showing others how to do it by being out front. Mentor/develop others
- Willingness to challenge institutionalized thought and provide new insights/ideas
- Ability to operate effectively far outside one's comfort zone.
- Travel is required, the target average is 25%, but may surge based on customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT Administration, IT Security, etc.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes
from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change
our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects,
to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers
entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person
to be the difference, at work and in our communities.Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture
geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!