During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you tovisit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens Software is a world-leading provider of simulation (1D &3D), testing hardware and manufacturing operations management software. We help thousands of companies realize innovation by optimizing their processes, from planning and development through manufacturing, production and support.
Siemens Software is a business of Siemens A.G, with more than 10,000 employees and 140,000 customers worldwide.
Driven by a deep understanding of what it takes to deliver successful products, Siemens Software partners with our customers to provide industry software solutions that help companies everywhere achieve sustainable competitive advantage by making real the innovations that matter.
The Full-stack Software Engineer Real-time Systems and Control will work on the development of Model-Based System Testing (MBST) solutions within the Simcenter Testlab eco-system, and more specifically on the development of real-time solutions for the simulation of numerical models and their interfacing to Control Systems.Model-Based System Testing targets synergetic solutions between the Physical Testing world and the Simulation world. Recently, an initial series of extensions closing the gap between Simulation and Testing were released and receiving very positive feedback within the worldwide Simcenter Testlab community.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
· Contributing to the development of innovative MBST real-time solutions in close cooperation with Product Management:
· Development of web applications and single-page applications related to engineering applications
· Development of software components: backend programs in C/C++/Python, frontend applications in Typescript and HTML
· Development, deployment, testing, integration of software components of the real-time software stack
· Creation of software designs together with the corresponding requirements and documentation
· Participation in the development, implementation and delivery of customer pilot use-cases according to specifications
· Identify and keep abreast of novel technologies and markets.
· Contributing to MBST research for product innovation in close cooperation with Research Management:
· research on several types of controllers and control algorithms (model free and model-based controllers), co-simulation solvers, neural networks, etc.
· Supervise students and bring research progress into the mainstream development process
· Contribute to the writing and execution of research projects at national and international level in close cooperation with the Test RTD-division,
· Contribute to the writing of scientific papers and applications patents.
· Technical/Academic background
· University degree M.Sc. or PhD in Mechatronic, Mechanics, Computer Science, Telecommunication, , Automation or any other relevant field
· Solid knowledge of programming languages (C/C++, Python) and version control systems (git)
· Experience with numerical methods and simulation software (multibody simulation software, multi-physical simulation software, finite element simulation software, etc.)
· Following are nice-to-have assets:
· Experience in engineering activities including system-in the-loop testing, hardware-in-the-loop testing, hybrid testing, co-simulation.
· Knowledge of other programming languages such as Typescript, Fortran, C# is an asset.
· Knowledge or Experience in the development of real-time applications, embedded real-time operating systems and real-time drivers
· Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
· Other languages (Dutch, French, German) are an asset
· Soft skills
· Be a motivated team player open to systematically share knowledge
· Have strong problem-solving skills, customer-oriented, flexible
· Be eager and fast in learning new technologies.
· Be able to follow and constructively contribute to a structured software development process
Siemens PLM Software offers, besides an attractive salary and benefits package, an internationally-oriented and innovative high-tech environment. It is a financially healthy company with a flat structure, which develops Siemens PLM Software simulation and testing solutions in a flexible atmosphere. People working within the business unit appreciate the room for initiative and career development. Siemens PLM Software solutions are driven by innovation and therefore management fosters the creativity of its employees. Siemens PLM Software provides continuous training and competence development, stimulating personal development with respect to technical and/or management skills.
Siemens PLM Software is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time