Reporting to the Operations Manager, this first line supervisory position manages between ten to sixteen (10-16) engineers that reside in multiple states in the SW region of the US. Travel will be required to manage the direct reports development and to maintain engagement with the different Authorities Having Jurisdiction and local branch managers. The Engineering Supervisor will participate in the definition of semi-complex and complex Fire Alarm Design projects, selecting appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solutions. The selected candidate will perform semi-complex processes and technical support to design, sales, and/or other departments. Prepares technical standards, and participates in completing semi-complex technology and fire alarm code design theory and procedures.
Job Duties :
· Supervises the activities and performance of all design engineering for installed work. Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects in assigned geographic area or location. Plans, organizes, directs and controls engineering activities for assigned projects. Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates. Supervises engineering activities including submittal preparation, material ordering, shipping, labor plans, job site walks, job folder updates and re-estimates.
· Provides direct employee mentorship, and is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training for, and ensure implementation of engineering related division productivity tools.
· Actively coordinates engineering activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
· Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers.
· Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
· Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
· Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
· Plan discrepancies or changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
· Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Education:
· Required Education: Requires two years of college or technical school resulting in an Associate's degree or equivalent.
· Required Experience: 5+ years experience in Engineering or Project Management of Fire Alarm Systems
· Required Travel: Up to 40%
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Education:
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
· 3+ yrs. supervisory experience
· NICET III or IV fire alarm certification
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .