Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We're looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Division as an Applications Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
The position is based in our Monkton office where we do have a flexible working policy.
Change the future with us.
· Work under the guidance of Team Lead, Senior Engineers in all areas of applications, including customer support.
· Gain Product knowledge by attending training courses in Germany and the UK.
· Shadow senior members of the team on site visits, but be able to undertake small projects such as factory testing.
· Scheme design for protection solutions.
· Lead a project with support from Team Lead/Senior.
· Have a good knowledge but look to progress in the following areas: Product details/key features for both Siprotec and Reyrolle relay families. Tendering support and specifying suitable protection relays for customer solutions. Configuration of protection relays (Siprotec 4/5 and Reyrolle). Testing of protection relays and producing accompanying test documentation.
· Promote Siemens Zero harm Safety Initiative and culture.
What you need to make real what matters.
· HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
· Demonstrable experience in testing / commissioning in a Substation/Power station environment.
· Great understanding of Application and Testing of protection systems for Generation, Transmission and Distribution Network preferably with experience of the UK customer base
· Experience in SIEMENS devices (SIPORTEC / REYROLLE) and their configuration tools (DIGSI / Reydisp)
· Experience in Testing Procedures using Test Universe (OCC file)
· Experience of communication networks (IEC61850,IEC60870, Profibus, Modbus, DNP3)
We've got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you!
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time