Provide support to the loan origination team, primarily ordering required specialized documentation on mortgage files.
Impact on the Business
· Support the Product Submission Quality Review Team by ordering translations, international credit reports, and co-op surveys. On occasion, role is responsible for directly interacting with customers, but primarily will collaborate directly with mortgage support team, loan officers, and external vendors.
· Prioritize workflow to meet deadlines.
Customers / Stakeholders
Serve as liaison to:
· Mortgage Support Teams
· External vendors (provide international credit reports and document translations)
Create for client:
· Escrow accounts
· Co-op surveys
· Proactively follow up on assigned tasks to ensure completion in timely manner.
Leadership & Teamwork
· Interact with other Mortgage Support Teams (loan processors and MSA) and mortgage sales force.
· Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
· Foster an environment of teamwork, ensuring collaboration throughout the organization.
· Guide and mentor new members of the team on the MSS role.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
· Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
· Overcoming loan complexities that may require additional documentation or a higher level of servicing.
· Working with a broad range of customers and loan officers to deliver a timely loan package while managing pipeline and follow through.
· Working with external vendors to ensure process efficiency and customer satisfaction.
· The position directly interacts with loan officers, Mortgage Support Teams, and external vendors to obtain specialized documents for certain mortgages. Primary communication will take place between the Mortgage Loan Processing Team and the external vendors.
· Working collectively with colleagues and key stakeholders to optimize customer experience.
Management of Risk
· Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Ideal candidate profile
· Minimum of three years proven and progressive mortgage lending support experience, or equivalent.
· Minimum of an associate's degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
· Proven communications, decision-making, customer service, sales, support, problem-solving, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
· Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
· Ability to work independently, handle detail and maintain confidentiality.
· Working knowledge of the mortgage process, including pricing, registration, processing and closing.
· Incumbents in this role must successfully register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLSR) and must obtain a unique identifier through the registry that will be provided to consumers with whom the incumbent interacts. In addition, incumbents in this role must successfully renew their registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLSR) annually.