HSBC is Canada's leading international bank – there is no one like us in this market.
For almost 40 years, our ability to bring our global experience and perspective to evolving trends and issues in Canada has been a tremendous benefit to our clients. With our offer of unique banking solutions, as well as an extensive global network, no one is better placed to support internationally minded individuals and businesses.
HSBC helps companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It's through this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired, collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Global Banking & Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) provides financial services and products to corporates, governments and institutions worldwide, building partnerships with them to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. We use the strength of HSBC's international network to connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales, and transaction banking.
Key Objectives for Junior Project Manager - Global Banking and Markets Transformation:
The role functionally sits within the Transformation Global Banking and Markets Americas Delivery Work-stream. The key objectives of the work-stream are:
· Junoir Project Manager Role supports the Global Banking and Markets Transformation Department in its oversight and control of projects and programmes across the portfolio.
· Create and Manage the Project / Programme Planning Process, updating and improving as required
· Provide templates, views, standards as required
· Be responsible for the following types of plan: Project Deliverable Plans, Activity Plan / Task Plan, Milestone Plan
· Ensure the quality and robustness of all plans
· Ensure all plans are base-lined, maintained and updated and are a true reflection of the current status of the Projects / Programmes: Report any deviations from the plan via the programme reporting cycles, Produce timeline views to be shared across the programme , Produce weekly report extracts from the programme plan to allow work stream owners to provide updates
· Manage project governance, manage deployment, mobilize and manage, manage finance
· Deployment stakeholder management
· Managing cross-work stream/ cross-Line of Business activity
· On-going program communications
· Oversee completion of the procedures and Business Instruction Manuals
· Liaise with Global Banking and Markets business, and central teams
· Co-ordination of Training, Capacity Planning, Target Operating Model
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & experience / Qualifications:
· B.Com or education in a related field
· MBA preferred
· Six Sigma or related designation would be an asset
· 3-4 years experience in project management as Project Manager or Business Analyst
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Canada is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.