• Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the tax returns and schedules prepared, including VAT, export refund/exemption, CIT filing, WHT, Stamp duty and so on
• Collection, preparation & analysis of financial data, legal documents and other relevant info required for local tax filings/ tax audits and any other statutory requirements
• Prepare quarterly tax provision for businesses/divisions, prepare annual RTP, perform ETR analysis, validate tax balance sheet accounts, valuation allowance and FIN48 reserve analysis.
• Prepare VAT/GST/WHT return reconciliations, including monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations before the return is filed.
• Cash forecast for CIT/VAT/GST and Tax liability.
• Update eCompliance once the return is filed & upload filed documents electronically
• Assist with all tax operational matters and identify any compliance issues. Escalating matters to Tax Ops Leader for advice and resolution
• Keep good communication with Tax authorities. Assist on internal and external tax audit.
• Aptitude to think and act quickly within a dynamic tax and business environment;
• Detail-oriented, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and strict deadlines;
• Willingness to learn quickly and consistently to both achieve excellent results and to grow their own capabilities;
• Strong work ethic combined with the ability to consistently maintain high service, quality, efficiency, and ethical standards; and
• Ability to thrive in an environment where coordination and teamwork is a priority.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required;
• Written and verbal fluency in English;
• 2-4 years of tax experience with a large multinational company and/or Big 4 accounting firm with a focus on tax compliance;
• Good communication skills;
• Good analytical skills & ability to technically discuss with business controllers, country Stat team, KPMG/auditors where necessary;
• Flexible approach with a strong team spirit;
• Experience in US GAAP tax accounting standards is preferred.
• Oracle or similar general ledger experience preferred; and Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com