Power Gas Power Systems
As a Quality Process Engineer - Generator, you will own the quality processes for the Generator Stator Bar Shop within GE Power in Schenectady, NY – the birthplace of GE and business headquarters. You will drive quality improvements utilizing root cause analysis, process reviews, corrective actions, statistical process control, in-process and final inspections, control gauges and test equipment, quality plans and overall quality communications.
As the Quality Process Engineer - Generator , you will:
· Be responsible for the Quality of all in-house manufactured parts
· Coordinate all aspects of in-process inspections within cell(s), in-process inspections within cell(s), including training for long-term support of Quality initiatives and compliance to ISO 9015
· Evaluate and determine disposition of non-conforming materials in conjunction with engineering and formulate corrective action
· Provide process and quality support for development, first piece qualification, process improvement and productivity activities of new and existing suppliers and in-house qualifications
· Ensure synergy of quality initiatives with suppliers, internal processes and customer expectations
· Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
· Analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
· Handle diverse activities simultaneously
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
· Minimum of 3 years of industry experience
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
· Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, and facilitation skills
· Strong and demonstrated leadership skills
· Ability to work effectively cross functionally
· Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma quality concepts and tools
· Apollo RCA Certified
· Prior union environment experience
· Prior manufacturing experience
· Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings and specifications
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.