Aviation Customer Delivery Operations
Perform normal test set up for production engines and complex test set
up for product improvement and engineering investigation. Perform complete mechanical, electrical, and operational acceptance tests of a complicated nature on all engine models, including all standard and non-standard tests for engineering investigations, acceptance testing, and trouble shooting and component endurance tests.
• Install engine into test cell, all required instrumentation in or out of cell, and replacement parts as necessary.
• Adjust engine controls and equipment; make all calculations necessary to comply with test requirements and
• adjustments to engine controls.
• Use diagnostic equipment in trouble-shooting engine malfunctions, correct engine malfunctions, and provide sufficient technical information to other personnel if required, to assure a timely and effective solution to test related problems.
• Inspect replacement of parts, accept, or reject engine in accordance with test results.
• Diagnose and suggest corrective action on engine or components failing test. Maintain records and perform related duties.
• Two (2) years of Jet Engine Testing or Jet Engine Production Assembly/Repair experience
• Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
• F.A.A. Power Plant License is required
• Mechanical ability and able to read and interpret engineering drawings, procedure and directions
• Use of precision measuring instruments
- Trade school graduate
- Hands on experience assembling and or disassembling aircraft engines or gas turbines.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).