AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Want to design something that will go out into space and between the stars? Fed up of stitching libraries together? Want to make a bespoke design from scratch? Then this is the role for you!
The Communication Processors group is responsible for the development of Digital Processors for use in telecommunication Satellites. The processor functionality ranges from high capacity channelisers, supporting inter-satellite optical data links, to implementing cryptographic algorithms to protect the spacecraft.
We are committed to offering continuous training and career development. We understand that our success is based on our people and we strive to offer all our employees an enjoyable and rewarding career.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK Secret Security Clearance / UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
· Turn the requirements into an architecture design and document the chosen design whilst describing any trade-offs performed.
· Leading detailed Register-Transfer Level (RTL) design in VHDL.
· Verification of the RTL design and documenting the verification that was performed.
· End-to-end design including synthesis, placement and static timing analysis.
· Support integration of the ASIC / FPGA into the target hardware.
· Support customer design reviews.
· Working on High Frequency and High speed hardware projects
· Experienced in the complete design flow from requirements to design acceptance (cradle to grave)
· Experienced in FPGA technologies and their tools including Xilinx ISE and Microsemi Libero.
· Experienced in VHDL simulation tools in particular Mentor Graphics Questa.
· Experienced in synthesis and STA tools ideally those from Synopsys
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
We are 5 mins walk away from Stevenage train station (step free and lift access), easily accessible by road and bus, car parking on site, cycle racks. Close to many amenities including:
· High-street shops and supermarkets
· Restaurants and eateries
· Gyms, Swimming pool and Parks
· Cinema, bowling and Recreational facilities
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.