Airbus Defence and Space SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
What if You start your journey with us!
As part of a school curriculum in initial training , you are looking for a mandatory internship or integrated into a gap year , that will allow you to validate your studies. The internship duration is 6 months.
We offer you to work in a world-leading company which is at the heart of a digital transformation, at the cutting edge of research and innovation.
We are looking for student of engineering school, master of engineering or equivalent who will be joining us at Airbus site in the electrical engineering department .
This internship is to be filled from June 2020 (the dates are subject to a certain flexibility)
The activity is related to Telecom spacecraft’s and propose to push further digitalization of payloads. Indeed, there is an emerging trend in space electronic related to microcontrollers. Until a recent past, the radiation hardened microcontroller offer was poor and equipment suppliers preferred FPGAs that brought better added-value over cost ratio. Today, radiation hardened microcontrollers challenge FPGAs in terms of performance and cost. Microcontrollers offer more than replacement of FPGA, in particular processing capabilities, flexibility, and maintainability. These characteristics may change deeply the way the payload are integrated, tested and operated.
The aim of the activity is to prototype a microcontroller based, TM/TC interface of Channel Amplifiers (CAMP) that are critical parts of bent pipe payloads in order to demonstrate feasibility and performance and assess benefits for AIT.
Tasks and Responsibilities :
You will be working under the supervision of your manager who will help you identify your professional objectives and support you in the development of your skills.
Your main activities will include:
· Dive into the Telecom payload architecture, the particular role of channel amplifier (CAMP), their link with the Data Handling System and the TM/TC data base.
· Write and justify the specification of the Smart CAMP
· Using of the shelf evaluation board, develop the code to implement Smart CAMP
· Define and execute the validation tests to demonstrate the performance and the compatibility with the existing system.
· Produce a software library that can be shared with suppliers in order to limit development effort and ensure interoperability.
· Assess the benefits for AIT : savings on TM/TC data base activity and payload integration Schedule
Required skills :
You are preparing a diploma level Bac+5 , in (Engineering School) or equivalent, with specialisation in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Space Engineering and you obtain following competences:
- English: (INTERMEDIATE)
- French: (NEGOTIATION)
- Programing languages for embedded software development as C, C++, Python…
- Data bus protocol as CAN bus, SPI, UART…
- Previous experience / knowledge on Space Engineering, Electrical Engineering would be an asset.
- Rigorous, curious and autonomous
- Obtain good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to integrate into team and be a flexible team player
- Have organizational skills
- Able to analyze and synthesize information
You will develop the following skills:
- Telecom payload architecture and Data Handling System
- Telecom spacecraft TM/TC data base, structure and production process
- Space engineering
- Embedded software development
Depending on the specifics of the offer, you may have to travel to another locations.
If your profile catches our attention, you will be invited to perform a video interview during which you will have a few minutes to tell us about your background, motivations and your professional project. Afterwards, your application could be proposed to the managers for further review.
If the prospect of joining our innovative Group motivates you do not hesitate and apply online on our website www.airbus.com/careers !
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.