Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
The Financial Accountant role is responsible for ensuring that numbers are right on time and first time, all financial fiscal obligations are met (including financial accounting and statutory reporting), that the right controls are in place to manage risks without hampering business and all specialist finance functions including tax, pensions and treasury. The role is also responsible for the preparation of the financial statements of the business in full compliance with International Accounting Standards while providing insightful analysis of the company’s financial statements to help decision making
· Preparing of the financial statements of the company (statement of comprehensive income, statement of financial position and statement of cash flow) in accordance with IFRS and Unilever standard chart of accounts (SCOA)
· Providing commentary on the results for the Financial Controller.
· Quarterly publication of the financial results in the appropriate media/channels
· Preparing quarterly presentation for statutory board meetings.
· Preparing of quarterly presentation for board audit committee meeting.
· Preparing of monthly working capital (WC) of the organisation in SAP.
· Calculating and interpretations of financial ratios.
· Preparing the annual booklet of the company.
· Monthly review of indirect and Administrative cost postings made into the system.
Month end coordination (MEC)
· Prepare and send the MEC checklist together with the Issue log ahead of the month end and coordinates the month end process of SAP.
· Follow up on all MEC issues and ensures all issues are resolved on time
· Provide consultancy to internal customers, regarding cost control, through regular meetings.
· Manage IP/Ariba/DCIW processes relating to Site Financial Accounts. Liaise with the outsourced account payable function to ensure correct accounting for payments to/from site.
· Check for deviation in the Payroll file – Ensure any amendments in headcount is correctly reflected by HR team.
· Maintain cost centre structures within SAP
· Balance Sheet and P&L integrity, risk and control by providing reconciliations and commentaries to the National Finance Director
· Accrual sign offs
· 3rd party & OC R2R interface
· Global reporting
· Liaison with external auditors
· Responsible for the management of GL transactions/reporting for the Country
Financial Accountant Asst. (GL)
Finance Leadership Team
Government Agencies i.e. Stock Exchange, Securities Exchange Commission etc
Critical success Factors for the Job
Degree in Accounting
Membership of any professional Accounting body (ACCA, ICAN, CIMA, etc)
Good Communication Skills
Customer service mindset
Intermediate excel and power point
Strong Financial Accounting and Book keeping Knowledge
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Knowledge of SAP is essential
Experience in fundamental accounting
Unilever Accounting Policies
Unilever Standard Chart of Accounts (SCOA)
Should "meet expectations" on the Standards of Leadership behaviours relevant to the WL of this job.