Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing studio in San Francisco.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
When you’re a UI Programmer at Ubi San Francisco, you have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the flow and delivery of key information for the player.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to flow through menus? Does the HUD feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
As a dependable member of a cohesive presentation team composed of UI designers and artists, you will bring to life the vision of the UI designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
More than anything, at Ubi San Francisco, you will work with some of the most talented people in the industry in a small collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
· Work with the lead engineer to develop UI features and systems
· Collaborate with the UI designers to develop the user experience
· Create and maintain technical design documents
· Self-manage programming task, schedule updates and coordinate with production team
· Review user interface and optimize performance and resource utilization
· Consult with UI designers to ensure best performance and user experience
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
· 3 plus years programming experience
· Shipped at least 1 AAA game as UI engineer for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 360, PC, or MacOS
· Proficiency in C/C++
· Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
· Works well with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience on the current generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
· Experience with ActionScript, Flash, and Scaleform
· Strong knowledge of performance/memory constraints of building game UI required
· Experience with scripting languages (Lua, Python, Perl)
· Good debugging skills
WHAT YOU'LL GET
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
· 401k match
· Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
· Fitness, physical, and esports challenge reimbursements
· Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
· Paid parental leave
· Paid time off to volunteer
· Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
· Sabbatical leave available after five years of employment
· Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status and will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.