Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The Global Network Services (GNS) team is composed of Network professionals, Systems Administrators specialized in Microsoft and Linux products respectively, and Network Architects. They apply their expertise to service Ubisoft game development in North America, Europe and Asia maintaining the highest standard of quality.
The NOC administrator is responsible for ensuring maximum possible service availability and performance by monitoring the whole infrastructure, acting upon alerts or incidents via troubleshooting methods and resolving and/or escalating them. He is also responsible for internal communications on any activities performed on the infrastructure as well as unplanned downtime or degradation. The reliability and health of the monitoring platform lies on him as well.
· The main responsibilities and routine tasks of the NOC Administrator are to:
· Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
· Identify and apply corrective measure to prevent any type of service degradation or outage;
· Initiate the incident management process in the cases where an incident cannot be prevented;
· Perform thorough technical analysis of any incident on Microsoft, Linux, network infrastructure, and in-house systems then apply corrective measures;
· Work closely with the monitoring team in order to continually improve the accuracy and reliability of our monitoring systems;
· Respond, prioritize and resolve any incident tickets;
· Determine the exact impacts of an incident on the user stand-point;
· Perform root cause analysis on on-going or past incidents and suggest corrective or preventive measures;
· Communicate internally the impacts related to any incident or maintenance;
· Escalate or liaise with other teams/departments when necessary in order to resolve an incident;
· Identify service restoration automation opportunities and apply automated response via scripted methods;
· Maintain documentation regarding configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures related to Microsoft, Linux and in-house platforms;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
· A DEC in network administration or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field.
· 3+ years of experience in an infrastructure technical support role
· 3+ year of experience in IT operations, NOC experience is highly recommended
· Ability to stay focused in stressful situations;
· Strong ability to communicate clearly and simply on any kind of situation;
· Ability to prioritize;
· Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance;
· Ability to take initiative and find creative solutions to problems;
· Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly;
· Able to work efficiently during non-standard shifts (Evening, Night, Weekends);
· Must be driven by challenges;
· Intermediate knowledge of Linux CLI;
· Intermediate knowledge of Windows Servers Platform;
· Intermediate knowledge of Networking configurations;
· Intermediate knowledge of Power Shell;
· Intermediate knowledge of Bash Scripting;
· Being familiar with monitoring solutions;
· General knowledge of Cisco network equipment, routers and switches. A good knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP and higher;
· General knowledge of Cisco network equipment, routers and switches, and Cisco / Brocade FC switch;
· General knowledge of SAN, NAS;
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.