Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games . Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission:
The GoWeb team inside the Bucharest QC Tech Department works on online services with a focus on Ubisoft QC needs. Our mission is to promote professionalization of work in QC via our efficient, fast, reliable and secure web applications. We work in an Agile and service-oriented mindset.
Together with the GoWeb team, your mission will be to develop, deploy and operate a global web solution that acts as a gateway to QC activities: scheduling & deploying of builds for QC teams, reporting of QC activities, offer analytics dashboards and many more.
· Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using the best development practices (back and front-end)
· Create website layouts and user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
· Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
· Manage time effectively establishing responsible deadlines and personal work plans
· Propose ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used
· Debug and correct issues found by testers or peers in a very efficient way
· Offer good technical solutions in his area of expertise
What You’ll Bring as Experience:
· Write clean, efficient object-oriented PHP code; good knowledge of MVC architecture (preferably Laravel)
· Understand, write and optimize complex MySQL queries
· Create and manage properly indexed, normalized relational databases
· Able to write W3C compliant HTML5
· Able to use front-end CSS frameworks effectively (bootstrap or similar frameworks)
· Create a clean, user-friendly and responsive interface
· Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and unit testing
· Knowledge of a versioning control system (preferably Git) is a plus
What you’ll bring as a Colleague:
· Willingness to learn new things constantly
· Autonomous, having a high level of ownership (little to no micromanagement)
· Enthusiastic and eager to take on new challenges
· Team player
· Results driven, focused on delivering quality work
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
· Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
· IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
· Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Call to action
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.