· Collect and address local product trading desk requests for information and studies
· Help traders to update cargo tracking information
· Forecast Import/Export flows, refineries activity, deliveries and stock change
· Analyse logistic issues (pipelines, terminals, loadings, etc.) to quantify potential price impact
· Maintain an up-to-date database on Asian Supply/Demand balance for the main refined products per country
· Improve the ability of local traders to react quickly to any change in the market conditions and physical flows
· Put news and information into a global market perspective to anticipate potential pricing impact
· Relay studies and forecast produced by the analysts based in other locations
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
· Master’s degree in engineering, economics, finance, or business.
· A specialization in oil or chemical markets is an advantage, as are certifications such as the CFA.
· Excellent analytical capabilities. Logical. Rigorous. Creative. Ability to step back from the detail to get the bigger picture.
· Knowledge of computer languages such as R, Python, C, VB, SQL and data visualization like PowerBI
· Excellent writing skills, notably for succinctness and precision
· Excellent relationship and communication skills. Assertive and confident
· A similar experience within an energy trading house would be a differentiating asset
Strategy Economics, General S/T Responsabilities, Transport
Product Desk Analyst (Based in Singapore)
Logistics, Strategy Economics Business
Experience level required
0 - 3 years
Affiliate (if known)
TOTAL TRADING ASIA PTE LTD