🔍Houston, Texas, United States
Finance & Insurance
📅 3021Total Views
📅 200001JDRequisition #
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
Sr. Project Accountant
Contract with possible conversion to direct hire
· Work closely with the Senior Finance Manager and Project execution team in managing costs and revenue vs budget & provide variance analysis as needed
· Month End closing activities not limited to preparing journal entries and working capital support by assisting project manager in A/R collections and ensuring required comments are updated.
· Provide reporting and analytical support for the project portfolio & cost variance explanations
· Month end & Quarter end reconciliation of Major Project EAC & Key GL Accounts.
· Provide financial support to the project team to include but not limited to WBS/Project creation, financial reporting, collections, project close-out, monthly EAC and project reviews.
· Proficiency in project financial management - creating and maintaining billing milestones, tracking labor and material costs, understanding different commercial terms (cost plus, fixed price, time and material), managing invoicing and collections, analyzing project actual, committed and planned costs.
· Maintain good internal controls and policies based on accounting principles and financial standards with regards to project accounting.
· Assist with process improvements in the month end process, billing process, and operations.
· Proactively review established accounting practices and procedures.
· Assist with implementing changes where applicable to enhance the department’s efficiencies and effectiveness.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration or equivalent years of work experience.
· Minimum of 5+ years accounting experience, with minimum 2-3 years in project accounting experience
· Good understanding of Accounting (US GAAP), SOX & Financial theory and principles
· Advanced personal computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and experience in an ERP environment, SAP is required.
· Demonstrated solid ability to work independently and solve complex, non-recurring problems.
· Strong communication skills.
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
“As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without regard to color, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.”