You will be part of the scrum/DevOps teams of the technology department. The team manages mainly production requests and issues coming directly from trading and sales desks located in Asia and delivers business enhancement and bug fixes in 2 weeks cycle for the Asia business.
We are looking for talents with some prior experience in supporting the internal electronic market marking systems or worked previously in platforms or ECNs which provides the experience on how eCommerce works in banks and liquidity providers. The successful candidate should be strong technically and enjoy helping people. Having an interest in writing your own tools; committed to a future to development into the internal market making tools; and knowledge on FIX protocol are advantages to the factor for success. It would be also useful that the candidate has a good knowledge on Fixed Income, Forex and Rates products.
You may consider this opportunity with Societe Generale if you are creative in solving problems; promotes collaboration with teammates and business users, client focused, with good communication skills and be able to provide constant attention in order to meet changing and evolving business needs.
We believe that human capital is our important assets and is the direct linked to our success, that is why we respect and appreciate everyone's commitment, innovations and contributions to Societe Generale.
Contribute actively to the support of our FIC platforms:
· Manages users' requests and incidents flows by gathering the information from the different communication channels (trading floor live interaction; phone; other). Deliver IT Support services relying on ITIL framework and core processes.
· Leads investigations to resolve problems independently, have the technical ability to troubleshoot and debug code, search log files. Will have strong UNIX, SQL and scripting skills to check system errors, generate reports, automate monitoring, detect errors, participate with the DEV in building solutions or improving the core chain used by the business activity.
· Seeks feedback on escalated problems to follow up and update the end users. Liaise with other teams to consider clients' needs/expectations/issues. Organize and lead follow-up meeting with different parties (users and partners). Formalizes problems and escalates to the next level of support or global teams when need be.
· Uses technical skills to assist in building effective monitoring systems by using the information system's monitoring tools. Ensures tools are in line with our needs and takes initiatives to improve their efficiency. Engage and improve the Follow-the-Sun model and leverage on our global setup working closely with our Paris and New York offices.
· Estimates the risks and opportunities in our day to day job and take initiatives to reduce the risks and improve our efficiency. Provides support to other peers when necessary and train the new joiners on the perimeter.
· At least 4 years of experience in relevant fields (electronic market marking systems in banks, vendors like brokers, platforms)
· Strong technical background (databases, Unix, middleware) hold a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
· Knowledge on FIX protocol is a plus
· Software development capability or interest in software development is a plus
· Functional knowledge in Fixed Income or FX products
· Strong written and verbal communication skills at business level
· Ability to find solutions for challenging, time-critical problems
GBIS is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. GBIS provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
As a successful candidate, you will join the group of feature teams responsible for the build-out and support of Fixed Income global solutions. You will focus primarily on the FIC vanilla chain, where the group has important business development ambitions in Asia.
Your main objective will be to partner with Front and Middle office user of FX, Fixed Income and credit activities' information systems. You will start with providing functional support, then perform simple bug fix and deliver simple features at a later stage. A strong emphasis will be put on building a close relationship with the team stakeholders (Sales, Traders, Middle office & Pnl teams), in order to support their day to day needs and grasp how technology can help grow the franchise.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000867
Business unit: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: 01/07/2020
Date of publication: 03/04/2020