Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric Geospatial Division has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated person to work as a member of our Professional Services Team. This individual will have the skills to perform QA (quality assurance) of software changes being readied for delivery to end users, reproduce reported defects on QA systems, and maintenance of QA systems. This position is responsible for ongoing quality assurance of custom software GIS applications used by electric, gas, water, and wastewater utility clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and client relation skills.
· Ensure test environments are prepared and ready for execution of test scenarios
· Execute test cases to validate system functionality prior to releasing to customers
· Perform troubleshooting and diagnosis of defects reported by customers or internally to determine steps to reproduce.
· Execute regression testing to validate defect resolution and verify existing functionality is unaffected
· Document test results to enable efficient resolution of defects
· Develop automated tests for regression and reproduction of defects
· Other responsibilities as assigned
· Possession of or working towards a Bachelor of Science degree in CIS or CS preferred, or related field with computer emphasis
· Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
· Must possess strong analytical, problem solving, researching skills.
· Must have experience with Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· High level of professionalism in oral and written communication skills.
· Be an independent, self-motivated, team player and have a people-oriented personality.
· Must demonstrate the ability to interact with peers, management, and other departments in a professional manner.
· C# coding experience a plus.
· Experience with commercial RDBMS such as Oracle and SQL Server a plus.
· Experience in Windows-based software development tools, including Visual Studio a plus.
· Experience with GIS software or experience with ArcFM Solution software would be a plus.
· Experience with Continuous Integration and/or Jenkins a plus.
· Experience working with electric, gas, water and wastewater utility companies a plus.
Ideal candidate profile
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.