Reference No. R2539919
Position Title: Technologist
Duration: Permanent - Full-time
Department: Component Pertussis
Sanofi Pasteur: The world’s leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Major Activities of the Job:
Fermentation of Component Pertussis:
· Preparation of seed culture as required for each fermentation.
· Set up both seed and production fermenters, this includes CIP and SIP on each of the fermenters.
· Calibration for sensor probes e.g. pH, dissolved oxygen probe and RTD probe.
· Monitoring and establishing trending data using online computer paragon system for each fermentation run.
· Performing of sterility and purity test through aseptic sampling to ensure proper quality of the product.
· Make decision to terminate the fermentation run.
Centrifugation of CP culture broth:
· Set up BTPX/BTUX continuous centrifuge and microfiltration unit for harvesting.
· Make running adjustments to the centrifuge in order to give a maximum yield of the product.
· Perform SIP and CIP on the centrifuge.
· Repair and maintain the centrifuge.
· Order spare parts and filter using SAP or eshopping system and direct contact to the manufacturer.
Purification of CP antigens:
· Pack various columns for chromatographic runs.
· Elution of four antigens using proper chromatographic techniques as required.
· Regeneration and preservation of each column after each run.
· Operation of Ultrafiltration unit as required.
· Detoxification of PT and FHA as per SOPs.
· Operation of KSB/AS26 continuous centrifuge and Sorvall centrifuge for fimbria and 69 K antigen purification.
Microfiltration and Formulation of CP antigens:
· Prepare detailed calculations for the formulation of CP antigens using adjuvants, diluents, toxoid concentrates.
· Microfiltration and adsorption of CP antigens using aseptic technique in the clean room.
· Strict gowning procedures required in a Class 100 environment.
· Set up clean room, take air and surface samples, and disinfect room after completion of the room.
· Record Magnehelix level, particle count and Environmental condition.
Process Improvement and Development:
· Assist implementation of CP scale up project (cost of project is $7.2M).
· Write up protocol for optimization of production process.
· Assist equipment purchase through careful investigation and assessment different vendors.
· Draw up validation protocols and development of new process equipment.
· Modification of SOPs and BPRs for new process.
· Perform IQ, OQ, and PQ for new equipment.
Analytical Lab assays:
· Perform Lowry Protein Assay.
· Perform Bradford Protein Assay.
· Perform SDS-PAGE test.
· Analyze data from tests.
· Maintain all production records and log books.
· Order spare parts and chemicals.
Record keeping and house maintenance:
· Maintain daily records for all production.
· Ensure all documents are properly recorded concurrently.
· Perform environmental monitoring as per SOP.
· Perform clean-up work in the production area.
· Maintain all equipment.
· Order spare parts and chemicals.
· Minimum three (3) years College Diploma (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Bioengineering) along with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant previous work experience.
· Preferred four (4) years Bachelor’s Degree (Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Bioengineering) along with a minimum of eighteen months of relevant previous work experience.
· Sound knowledge in the following areas: Microbiology, Fermentation, Protein Purification and Aseptic Techniques
· Strong Computer skills and familiarity with the following programs: SAP; Access
· Ability to work in a strictly team environment
· Ability to cope with pressure from a demanding environment
Hours of Work :
Inclusive from Thursday to Monday: 11:00p.m. to 7:00a.m (Training Shift: 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.)
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.