· Job facts
At Roche, we believe it's urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients' lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
The Roche Innovation Center of Excellence, located in Schlieren, Switzerland is active in the research and development of engineered therapeutic antibodies, with a focus on the fields of cancer immunotherapy and immunotherapy in general. It became a part of the Roche Group in 2005 and since then employs about 180 people.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who will join the Cancer Immunotherapy Discovery (CID) Department at the Roche Innovation Center and will work within a functional matrix of highly skilled and experienced lab co-workers and peers.
As a scientist in our group, you will develop new and existing projects by designing, performing and analyzing molecular and cell biology experiments to generate preclinical data and to characterize promising drug candidates to support further development.
Some key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
· Establish and perform in vitro and ex-vivo biological assays with murine and human immune cells with the aim to characterize the mode of action of CIT drug candidates
· Independently plan, execute and analyze experiments and interpret data
· Supervise technicians to screen and assess novel molecules
· Collaborate with other scientists across functions as well as external industrial and academic partners
· Present data in department meetings and contribute to the writing of research documents, reports, protocols, publications and patent application
Who we are
The Roche Innovation Center Zurich (Roche Glycart AG) is active in the research and development of engineered therapeutic antibodies, with a focus on the fields of cancer immunotherapy. Part of the Roche Group since 2005, it currently employs about 140 people. Read more .
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Ideal candidate profile
Who you are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
We are looking for a highly motivated Scientist to join our Cancer Immunotherapy Discovery Department with below:
· PhD or Post Doc in immunology and an excellent knowledge of cancer immunology/cancer immunotherapy
· Excellent understanding and hands on experience in immunological methods such as Flow Cytometry, ELISA, immune cell culture, extraction and cultivation of primary mouse and human immune cells
· Experience with human antigen-presenting cells is a plus
· Ability to work effectively and independently under pressure according to time-lines
· Excellent communication skills, endowed with personal initiative, precise/diligent, flexible, detail oriented to provide high quality data
· Fluent in English (both oral and written)
· Strong presentation skills
· Strong publication record
· You are someone with excellent scientific and interpersonal skills, fully committed to team work.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients' lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research