· Job facts
Who we are and what we do?
You will join a highly motivated team in the Large Molecule Research -Discovery Laboratories of Roche Pharma Research & Early Development (pRED). The objective of our unit is to design, develop and deliver novel protein-based medicines to cure diseases with high medical need. Our lab is recognized as leading in the field by the antibody-engineering community. We collaborate with international Roche sites as well as biotechs and academic labs. Our approaches are not limited to defined formats or platforms, we believe ‘Success needs Diversity & Diversity breeds Success'.
What's the job about?
The objective of your work is the creative design, generation and characterization of engineered antibody-based entities with novel functionalities. Thereby, you'll contribute to and cover the very first steps in the generation of biologics as drug candidates.
What exciting tasks will be part of your daily work?
· It will be your responsibility to address all topics and perform all tasks and documentations that are necessary to successfully cover the objectives of the Postdoc Project.
· This includes design, generation and characterization of novel types of recombinant proteins and bi/multispecific antibody derivatives with prodrug functionalities. You will execute the project in an interactive manner with internal and external partners. We ask you to strengthen the technology and intellectual capabilities by development, identification and implementation of new technologies.
· Furthermore, you ensure that your technology-related and intellectual capabilities related to the project are ‘top class'. This includes attending (and presenting at) scientific meetings, publication of scientific advances (after appropriate IP-protection) and interacting with the academic community.
Do you have what it takes for this position?
· Personally , you are goal oriented, have a strong drive, creative mindset and motivation to achieve excellence; you are willing to perform wet lab experiments and eager to establish new techniques.
· You are a team player as well as capable of working independently. You make sure your creative ideas and results are put on the table (fluency in English is a must), and are happy to receive constructive feedback and learn from it.
· Technically , you hold a PhD degree in in biochemistry, molecular (cell) biology, biotechnology, chemistry or a related field. Experience in protein design, cell culture based production, purification, modification and characterization is highly desired.
· We can rely on your strong background in the above cited fields, demonstrated by publication of your results in established peer reviewed international academic journals.
This position is limited to a period of two years.
We look forward receiving your application!
Whom to contact
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ.
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter: T. Stier, +49 (0)7624 / 14-2876.
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an up-to-date CV and a motivation statement or cover letter. All further documents will be handled at a later stage.
Refer a Friend
This position is relevant to the Refer a Friend Program for all employees of Roche Germany. In case of a successful referral a reward in accordance to the valid regulations and conditions will be paid out.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research
· Who we are
Die Roche Diagnostics GmbH (RDG) ist mit mehr als 12.000 Mitarbeitern der drittgrößte Standort im Konzern. Neben den Vertriebsorganisationen in Deutschland (Roche Pharma AG und Roche Diagnostics Deutschland) fokussiert die RDG auf das operative Geschäft. In den beiden Standorten Mannheim und Penzberg werden neue diagnostische Tests und pharmazeutische Wirkstoffe für den weltweiten Markt entwickelt und produziert.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, der die Chancengleichheit fördert.