· Job facts
· Perform large scale manufacturing of bulk reagents
· Perform production and testing including production support duties for Operations ensuring quality of production and/or lab testing is completed by the department.
· Performs a variety of duties relating to production operations. Follows departmental work instructions, SOP's, OSHA safety regulations and cGMPs to perform assigned tasks.
· Monitor and oversee lab supply inventory, generate expense purchase requisitions, if applicable, input production data and other work-output data into appropriate network (e.g. SAP / LIMS) and maintain documentation in accordance with established procedures.
· Duties may include handling of hazardous materials in activities described above. Depending upon area of assignment or primary focus, may maintain departmental stock rooms, keep labs stocked, prepare buffers as needed/required which may also include performing direct production or testing activities.
· Maintain stock rooms and laboratories or work areas properly stocked with daily supplies to include the scheduling of repairs and preventative maintenance as necessary and report malfunctions to supervisor.
· Monitor lab supply inventory, generate expense purchase requisitions, if applicable, input production data and other work-output data into appropriate network (e.g. SAP / LIMS) and maintain documentation in accordance with established procedures.
· Duties may include handling of hazardous materials as described above. Depending upon area of assignment or primary focus, may perform various manufacturing and testing duties in addition to maintaining departmental stock rooms, log books, preparing buffers as needed/required which may also include, performing direct manufacturing activities such as bulk formulation, filling, sub-assembly and sample testing.
· Interface with internal groups to assure laboratory equipment maintenance, calibration and documents conform to established practices.
· Attends required training classes and participates in on-the-job training.
· Manages schedules, workload and establishes priorities using inputs from business requirements, SAP, and/or internal customer needs.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
Job requirement will include ability to perform in the aseptic environment. Wear personal protective equipment, such as eye, foot, lab coat, mask, gowning coveralls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
Required: Asso ciate's Degree
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
Required: 0-2 Years General laboratory experience.Basic GMP Knowledge.
Are equivalencies acceptable?
Yes. Equivalent combination of education and work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Directions for Testing (DFT) documents.Demonstrates competence in reading and completing charts, forms, and other documents.Ability to use personal computer with basic word-processing and spreadsheet applications.Good written and verbal communication skills highly desirable.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.