Relevant, masculine and British. Since 1893, Alfred Dunhill has been engineering unique and stylish luxuries for men. We seek people who have commitment and drive with a strong commercial focus, and will thrive in a creative environment that encourages innovative thinking.
dunhill – Assistant Boutique Manager Bourdon House
We are currently seeking a motivated and client-centric Assistant Store Manager to join our flagship Bourdon House boutique.
Bourdon House is one of four Alfred Dunhill brand Homes whose objective is to deliver the ultimate luxury lifestyle retail experience.
To lead by example to develop and manage an outstanding sales team who have a clear understanding of the goals of the Home and who consistently deliver such a customer experience.
Ensure that visual merchandise presentation reflects the brand vision and meets the highest standards possible in line with the expectations.
To ensure that all operational activities support achievement of set financial and profit goals for Bourdon House.
Ensure that the sales team are trained and developed in order to deliver budget goals and customer service excellence which sets the benchmark for the luxury retail industry.
Ensure that strong relationships are built with clients and the local business community.
· To ensure that the client is the main focus at all times. To set a standard that exceeds the benchmark for customer service within the luxury retail industry. This includes ensuring the team are fully conversant with all products and services available in the store including product care, aftersales and stock availability as well as sourcing items not currently on the range plan
· To create a dynamic and positive team in order to maintain an environment in the store conducive to generating sales
· To ensure team are fully conversant with the history of Alfred Dunhill and Bourdon House and use this information when communicating with clients
· To be up to date on local events and current affairs and communicate this to the team in order to promote conversation with clients
· To develop and ensure good internal customer service with all other Alfred Dunhill outlets and with Head Office
· To deal with complaints effectively & efficiently in line with Company policy. To ensure the clients expectations are exceeded when dealing with complaints. To ensure the Store Manager is involved when appropriate
· To ensure the feedback received regarding customer service levels at Bourdon House consistently meets and exceeds the company expectations. This may include mystery shopper feedback
· To ensure the team pre-empt and respond to client needs in order to excel in service standards
· To be the role model regarding customer service standards at all times
· To oversee and provide training and coaching to ensure senior sales and sales consultant achieve and maintain the above customer service standards
· To provide support to senior sales consultant with customer complaints and challenging situations
· Ensure efficiency in after sales services.
· To be able to confidently cross sell across all product offers in store, in ensuring the client is walked through the in store collection.
· Actively encourage and promote our company services, to include Bespoke and Custom and Barbers.
· To understand Dunhill’s Global and International positioning.
Sales & KPI’s:
· Exceed all store targets on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
· Monitor weekly and monthly product sell through, gauging trends of best sellers and reacting to stock levels. Monitoring and reacting to slow moving stock whilst providing commercial solutions
· To Achieve KPI targets set annually during performance review
· To optimise sales by ensuring the team consistently attract new clients and develop the existing client base of Alfred Dunhill
· To actively encourage the team to understand and proactively demonstrate an entrepreneurial flair for the selling process in order to achieve the above
· To meet with your direct reports on a monthly basis to discuss and promote progression in this area
· Ensure all administrative aspects of the job are carried out and completed within the required timelines as requested by the store manager. Examples are HR documentation, reports, health and safety etc.
· To be conversant with the In-store operations manual and ensure that the contents are adhered to by the team
Training & Development:
· Alongside the General Manager the assistant manager is responsible for the training and development of all sales staff within the store
· Additionally, you are required to work with Floor Manager to provide regular customer service and product training seminars
· To attend training sessions as required
Communication & Staffing:
· To hold regular team briefing sessions with Bourdon House team using all forms of communication available
· To ensure communication flow with Team and Senior Managers
· To be continually aware of all company communications and pass on relevant information to team
· Daily task planning & ensuring completion of tasks by self and other staff
· Produce monthly staffing schedules that ensure proper coverage to provide high levels of customer service and maximise sales in the store
· Well rounded Management background in retailing luxury goods/ menswear or high end hospitality
· Confident managing a large & dynamic team
· Experience of working within target / sales driven environment
· Exposure to driving a clientelling culture within a team
· Experience of dealing with HR related issues, coaching and training
· Driver and motivator in achieving KPI’s
· Able to build good working relationships with the product teams and head office functions.
· Demonstrates high level of standard and attention to detail.
· Strong communication skills
· Confident / positive / enthusiastic / outgoing approach
· Passion for the brand / The ability to enthuse clients about the brand
· The ability to be a host for the ultimate Alfred Dunhill experience
· Business acumen / commercial approach
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, apply now!