Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? We’re looking for team players who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
Mehoopany Plant is a Manufacturing Plant located in Mehoopany Pennsylvania. Mehoopany Youth Apprentice Program is a 2 Year School to work program. P&G Mehoopany works with local school districts enrolled in the program and Northern Tier Industry and Education Consortium (NTIEC) to identify students for enrollment into the program. To apply for this Apprentice program your school must be a partner and you will need to contact your schools Guidance Counselor or Program Manager for approval into the program.
Youth Apprentices are hired at program entry level after completion of the 10th grade. Apprentices will be mentored and taught responsibility for keeping production flowing, for meeting performance goals and for maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products. This is a school to work program where students will work 8 hours every Monday at the plant and attend their regular school studies Tuesday through Friday. In addition, students will be required to work on Sunday after first school semester with an option of Saturday.
Each Apprentice will be assigned a Sponsor who will assist them in various types of work. Training plans will be provided to School District and Parental signature is required prior to employment.
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
· Use basic hand and power tools
· Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
· Enter confined spaces
· Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
Youth Apprentices are considered temporary employment, with a predicted ending point. No full-time employment commitments are made.
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you are:
· Be starting their Junior or Senior Year of High School
· Be willing to wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety shoes, ear protection, and eye protection.
Just so you know:
· All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
· Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
· Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
· Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Mehoopany, Pennsylvania, United States Job Type: Part-time Req No: MFG00006491