about the role
· Coach, train and develop staff on current and future operational/network requirements under guidance of NOC managars and ensure team proficiency in 24 x7 surveillance of our network.
· Consistently direct the team to provide efficient handling of cases and to document outages and issues appropriately.
· Execute, trigger and follow up all required actions to restore normal services.
· To ensure that all requisite “customer” entities within the company are advised of outage and repair status.
· Constantly monitor and guide team towards compliance to procedures, performance targets and overall KPIs set for the Department. Support the NOC managers in implementing initiatives performance enhancing initiatives.
· Assist the Network Operations Manager, ENTMC in the design and implementation of the required plans to ensure meeting consistently high levels of business targets.
· Enforce adherence to company policies, processes and procedures to eliminate non-compliance.
· Conduct employee performance reviews in accordance with the HR policies.
· Develop progress reports and statistical reports as required, for management review.
· Provide second level support to the Network front line staff when required.
· Provide network operations feedback to the ENTMC management team.
· Actively participate and support NOC managers on Network related Projects planning and inplementation
· Handling a role of NOC Duty manager to support all internal / external stakeholders during major incidents or network crisis.
· Manage and work with in the OINIS operations on Network Performance and Network Evolution to improve efficiency.
· Provide Reports, solutions and or recommendations to the Network Operations Manager and other OINIS Operational support entities regarding procedures and software/hardware improvements that would result in improving the Quality of Service of the network.
· Provide Reports, solutions and recommendations to the Network Operations Manager and other OINIS Operational support entities following major network outages / incidents.
· Coordinate high impact and major changes on the network, to ensure successful change management with minimal interruption to the customers.
· Take Ownership for all issues escalated to Managers until their full restoration.
· Constantly monitor and identify means that would maximize Network Availability so as to meet and exceed availability targets for both Network and System Platforms.
· Ensure smooth execution of the ENTMC NOC Disaster Recovery Process during a disaster situation that may result in unavailability of either the primary or secondary NOC site.
knowledge and abilities
· Service oriented; customer focused, with the ability to resolve complex issues through a systematic and methodical approach.
· Provide continuous world-class quality of service ensuing highest focus on Customer & Network fault resolution with an adequate sense of urgency.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Good time management, organizational and communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Ability to deal with multiple tasks.
· Ability to coach and mentor peers and subordinates
· Ability to lead and provide direction in resolving business critical problems at the highest organizational level.
· Presentation skills
· Ability to build relationships with peer and management levels
· Proactive, self motivated and determined attitude.
· Excellent problem solving skills are necessary.
· Team working spirit
· Flexibility in terms of working hours.
· Proficiency in English. Possession of Multi-lingual skills is an asset.
Educational qualification : Engineering / Telecommunications / Business Management Degree or equivalent.
Experience of Minimum 10 years with large telecom or service providers in global business enviornment including 4-5 years in a role of Team Leader
Solid work exposure in at least two or more of the following platforms and inductrial sectors .
Nortel , Cisco , Alcatel , Italtel , Juniper, Large Scale Network.
Orange Intl Ntwk Infr & Svcs