about the role
Department: OINIS / GEN / GCP / ICP (International Circuit Planning)
Manage OINIS international capacity evolution for the OBS/IGN infrastructure (+/- 15 countries).
Responsible to plan international circuit network evolution in coherence with the network continuity requirement, business growth and market trends while managing/balancing financials constraints, quality of service and risks. The candidate will be a key member of the International Circuit Planning team, leading worldwide international circuit evolution projects for Orange Business Service IGN network infrastructure.
Circuit Planning activity
- Manage the international capacity evolution for +/- 15 countries depending from country complexity, including possible backbone synergies with OTI infrastructure or other OINIS onnet infrastructures (submarine cable systems, transmission network)
- Engage and synchronize with Sourcing teams to collect necessary carriers offers components (pricing, contracts, technicals) for project decision
- Analyse adequate information on circuit characteristics such as protection level, Ethernet technical template compliance, ability to upgrade Ethernet circuit without circuit reconstruction, SPOF avoidance (physical circuit routing up to the street level, ..)
- Manage financial approval including Business Case management for most cost impacting evolution
- Trigger projects to the ordering and implementation teams
- Support case-by-case presales opportunities (COS/SAM process, ..) and new partnership/gateways model initiative in the respective countries.
- Ensure regular update of the Regional topologies maps
- Provide weekly activity report including synthesis on complex situations/escalation
- Contribute to weekly financial approval activity (workflow)
- Contribute, prepare and manage budget covering the international transmission requirements for given list of countries
- Reforecast the budget as per latest information about market trend and business growth coming from the different regions.
- In the framework of Optimized UC analysis with Network Domains, contribute to budget adjustment cycle
Data Integrity & financial cleaning/update
- Follow processes, methods and tools already defined in the ICP team for the network planning activity insuring data integrity to keep control on IBNF circuit costs.
- Analyse ECMS/DEPOT matching report and follow-up in case of discrepancies (disconnect order issue, ….)
- Perform monthly pool1 database (MS access) cleaning contributing to ICP financial reporting accuracy.
• 7-8 years experience in telecommunications
• Autonomous with motivation and experience in project management in international environments
• Experience in budget planning and management
• Background in Transmission and IP network technologeis
• Communication, leadership, organization, negotiation
• Experience with Microsoft Excel
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken. French is a plus
base salary from 1,380 € brutto per month, actual salary is likely to be higher based on skills, knowledge and experience.
Orange Intl Ntwk Infr & Svcs
Orange Business Services manages and integrates the complexity of international communications, freeing our customers to focus on the strategic initiatives that drive their business. Our extensive experience and knowledge in global communication solutions, together with our understanding of multinational business and local support in 166 countries and territories, ensure that our customers receive a consistent, global solution wherever they do business.