Netflix is the world's leading digital entertainment service. As we expand globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to help us scale. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We are seeking a Project Manager as part of our growing Global Design & Construction team based out of our Los Angeles Headquarters. This position will be responsible for end-to-end project management for enterprise and studio design and construction projects of varying size and scope across the LA footprint. This role will be responsible for developing scope, schedule and budget for multiple projects and leading a team of business partners, stakeholders and external consultants to ensure the successful delivery of projects to meet the project goals while maintaining a clear line of communication with leadership and cross-functional partners throughout the organization and Netflix as a whole.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. The ability to identify and proactively mitigate potential design, schedule, construction and budget impacts is essential. This position requires the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of internal and external team members with varying and sometimes conflicting concerns in a collaborative workflow that drives positive results for the project and the company. This is a demanding and fast-paced position that requires someone who is a problem solver, positive thinker and is able to exercise good judgment and communication.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead project team of internal and external partners on multiple enterprise and studio builds through all phases of a project life cycle including due-diligence, programing, design, construction, commissioning and turnover consistently meeting project goals and end-user expectations.
· Collaborate with Corporate Real Estate and Security counterparts and cross-functional business partners to develop and manage agreed upon scope, schedule and budgets for projects.
· Proactively manage project reporting including leadership updates, monthly budget healthy checks and cash flow forecasting with a focus on real-time project status to manage expectations and maintain a clear line of communication with all levels of organization.
· Review and approve proposals, change orders and invoices for all projects and partner with Project Controls to establish a recurring cadence for monthly change estimate reconciliation to drive cash flow consistency.
· Manage pace through due-diligence and lease negotiation and partner with Transactions to vet viability of projects and develop go-memo for alignment.
· Manage pace through programming and pre-design and partner with Space Planning and Design to validate “needs vs. wants” and ensure end-user and project expectations are met in final program requirements with a focus on budget and schedule expectations.
· Lead Design and Construction phases to ensure confirmed program requirements are met while driving the project team to meet scope, schedule and budget requirements while managing hurdles and pivots throughout the process.
· Partner with cross functional teams including Audio Visual/Information Technology/Security/Workplace Operations through design and construction phases with a proactive focus to ensure critical infrastructure and acoustical requirements are considered early and often throughout project implementation.
· Manage pace through Commissioning and partner with Audio Visual/Information Technology/Workplace Operations to ensure proper implementation technology and equipment.
· Partner with Workplace Operations and Moves Adds & Changes Teams to ensure smooth transitions through handover and move in process.
· Ensure proper close-out of projects including real-time archival of critical project documentation through-project phase, reconciliation of critical project specs/manuals/warranties and facilitation of training for ops teams.
· BA/BS or equivalent work experience in design and construction
· 3-5 years of experience in Design & Construction on Corporate Real Estate, Studio and Post-Production spaces is preferred
· High level of organizational skills
· Ability to read and understand construction drawings
· Ability to read and understand construction contracts (AIA)
· Have an understanding of project cost analysis
· Proficient in MS Project, SmartSheets or equivalent Scheduling Software
· Proficient with Google Office Suite
Certificates & Licenses:
· LEED AP or LEED training is preferred
· PMP is preferred