· Main focus: Advise on all corporate employment matters in close collaboration with members of HR (Talent), Employee Services, Employment Tax, Mobility & Immigration.
· Subsidiary focus: Support EMEA content productions with employment-related matters in EMEA;
· Provide subject matter expertise and, when appropriate, train on a broad range of employment issues, including recruiting, contingent workers, employment practices, and terminations, including with respect to Netflix corporate employees and cast/crew on productions shooting in EMEA, as well as supporting our other employment legal team members in EMEA on these issues as needed for other EMEA countries;
· Proactively identify, assess, and balance employment law risk, and be able to offer practical, business - oriented and creative solutions in partnership with the business teams;
· Stay current with, and advise Netflix on, meaningful employment-related legal developments;
· When necessary, help investigate incidents and/or complaints and manage employment-related litigation in EMEA;
· Actively collaborate with the global Employment Legal team on projects and issues;
· Select, manage and use outside counsel effectively; and
· Support Netflix’s commitment to maintaining a diverse and inclusive harassment-free workplace.
The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer in an EMEA jurisdiction and have 7+ years of experience preferably in an employment department of a respected firm and/or in-house experience counseling on employment issues throughout EMEA. The ideal candidate is aware that they thrive in an environment where freedom and responsibility are core values, and passion, innovation, collaboration, and curiosity are essential.