Who are we?
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 195+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Netflix is reinventing entertainment from end to end. We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at massive scale over the internet, and continuously improving and personalizing how content is presented around the globe.
The Data Science and Engineering (DSE) department at Netflix exists to improve the use of data and analytic methodologies to improve key aspects of our global business. The Analytics Engineers within DSE are key partners to business leaders and decision makers who are making decisions to grow our member base and bring the most joy to our subscribers via compelling content, personalized product interactions, and a stellar customer experience.
Analytics Engineers partner in a wide range of ways with the business, including dataset preparation, analytic tool building, exploratory analytics, and authoring memos with analytic and experimentation findings. Our Analytics Engineers flourish through flexibility and nimbleness, and their work varies across business areas based on changing goals and needs. These roles are extremely impactful due to their high level of partnership and flexibility in approach, and provide opportunities to gain experience with our large-scale technologies as well as participate in the Netflix culture.
Who are you?
· Curious and motivated learner - completing a Master’s level degree in Business Analytics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
· Clear communicator - you are concise and articulate in speech and writing
· Able to manipulate and evaluate data with SQL to perform business analysis
· Experience with data analysis and analytics tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, Looker, etc.
· Practical knowledge of Python for analytics or visualization (Numpy, Pandas, Plotly, Dash)
· Coursework or some experience with data structures and dimensional data modeling, data warehouse architectures, and data preparation (ETL)
What will you learn?
· Collaborate with stunning colleagues on business facing projects, with business partners
· Collaborate with other roles in Data Science & Engineering to accomplish projects
· Perform exploratory data analytics and summarize findings/recommendations in memos
· Build interactive analytic tools to improve access to business insights
· Build analytic datasets using cloud data technologies such as Presto and SparkSQL within our code-centric big data platform
· Collaborate on designing analytic data models
The Summer Internship
Our approach to internships is different: like Netflix itself, we offer a personalized experience for interns, and our aim is to offer an experience that mimics what it is like to actually work here. We match qualified interns with projects and groups based on interests and skill sets, and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer. Netflix is a unique place to work and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture .
Internships will be a minimum of 12 weeks, with timing flexible to candidate needs. We expect these internships to be remote. Conditions permitting, we will aim to bring the intern cohort together for an optional experience at some point during the summer.
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.