Maintenance Technician 3
The purpose of this position is to maintain and install equipment, facilities, and utility systems and to provide leadership, expertise, and training to other department members. This is a multi-skilled position will complete work orders that cross over traditional disciplines.
· Perform Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of equipment, facilities, utility systems
· Complete assigned work orders
· Participation in the call-in program
· Provides direction and expertise to others in the department
· Effective use of the Management of Change Process
· Use of good documentation practices
· Will direct contractors and other technicians in completing work
· Generate and lead process improvements
· Follows all work instructions and procedures while writing clear, thorough work instructions for others
· Identifies parts needed for a repair and makes decisions to resolve problems (analyze alternatives, evaluate risks, etc.).
· Use of precision measuring equipment
· Works with materials of construction and chemical compatibility.
· Troubleshoots and correct VFD problems
· Responsible for the troubleshooting, design, installation, and maintenance of electrical power, lighting systems, electrical motors, and control circuits up to 480V
· Use of electrical testing equipment
· Threading and bending of conduit; properly sizing conduit and wire per the NEC
· Works independently on a variety of shifts.
· Walking, standing, reaching above the shoulder, use of feet to operate equipment, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, talking, hearing, use of hands to operate tools and equipment.
· Lifting and moving of up to 50 pounds unassisted, as well as additional weight with assistance.
· Use of close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· The employee may wear a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, protective clothing and gloves, respirator and face shield.
· Works at varying heights.
Who you are:
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
· 5+ years of electrical controls OR electrical maintenance experience
· 3+ years of general PC software experience including use of MS Windows, Word, Excel, and email
· 3+ years pf experience working with computerized maintenance management systems such as SAP
· 3+ years of experience working with drawings and schematics
· 3+ years of experience working with Ohm's law, AC/DC, Parallel and Series circuits, and or other Industrial Electricity methodologies
· Strong communication skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience operating hand tools, power tools, basic shop tools (i.e.: grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.)
· Experienced operating a forklift or man lift
· Troubleshooting and Correcting PLC or controller problems
· Troubleshooting, calibrating, and repairing instrumentation (flow, level, pressure, temperature, etc.)
· Experience working in a safety minded electrical environment (using skills in grounding, arc flash, etc.)
· Teamwork minded with strong interpersonal skills.
· Experience reading gauges and understanding units of measure
· Excellent organizational and 5S skills
· Previous proven leadership skill
· Self-motivated and highly productive
· Additional HVC and mechanical skills
· Ability to solve Algebra and Geometry problems.
Job Requisition ID: 207672
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Technician, ERP, SAP, Testing, Technology