ALD Process Engineer
This role: In this role, you will work with other technology team members including materials scientists, device, process and electrical test engineers to solve time critical technology challenges and develop unique solutions for customers in collaborative development partnerships.
You will have the opportunity to
· Drive improvements in ALD systems and process workflows (substrate treatments, post deposition anneals etc.) to enable reliable and efficient deposition of various materials with different target unit film material properties (crystallographic phase, resistivity, dielectric function etc.).
· Work independently to develop ALD or PVD processes of various materials for use as functional/active layers in memory device stacks while interfacing with other team members/groups to utilize these layers in devices that meet or exceed customer specifications (e.g. J, EOT etc.).
· Connect process conditions, physical characterization, and electrical response towards understanding of mechanisms.
· Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Electrical Engineering
· 5+ years of experience in ALD development, semiconductors or related field
· 5+ years experience with atomic layer deposition (ALD) process development, semiconductor materials design, physical and electrical characterization for advanced memory applications
· M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Electrical Engineering
· Working experience with developing or characterizing interfaces and thin film stack interactions, emphasis on stacks deposited with ALD for memory applications.
· Familiarity with common thin-film characterization techniques including: XRR, XRD, XRF, SEM, TEM, Ellipsometry, Auger, SIMS, RBS, XPS
· Ability to engage with customers on a highly technical basis
· Background in materials development for advanced memory technology (DRAM, PCRAM, OTS etc.)
· Self-motivated, results-oriented with high commitment to work quality in a fast paced environment.
· Proven ability to solve complex analytical problems and provide robust solutions based on solid technical background
Job Requisition ID: 206819
Location: San Jose
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Semiconductor, Materials Science, Science