A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Supplier Quality Assurance Officer achieves and assures appropriate levels of Quality, Food Safety, and Legality for all raw materials used by Royal Canin.
The role operates in a pet friendly, open office environment supporting natural pet nutrition and making the world a better place for pets.
Travel required – Up to 50%
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor of Sciences degree in Biology, Zootechny, Veterinary, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering or similar technical field
· English – Advanced
· Spanish Portuguese – Basic or Higher
· Good knowledge MS Office (Excel)
· Experience in a technical area such as R&D product development, quality assurance, laboratory or food engineering
· Need to satisfactorily completed during the first year an accredited Lead Auditor training course (or actively progressing towards this certification if a SQA auditor) to enable IRCA/RABQSA/or equivalent certification
· Knowledge of food safety and raw materials requirements
· Preferred knowledge of methods of analysis for raw materials, familiarity with respective laboratory equipment.
· The physical capability of working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
What would be your key responsibilities?
Assessment and confirmation of a suppliers capability to meet Mars standards of supply through:
· Performing the SQA audit in a timely manner
· Review of analytical data compliance
· Performing and review of process capability trial data
· Verifying that supplier hazard controls are operating effectively
· Support the supplier to address gaps in Q&FS management identified in audits
· Partner with the buyer in ensuring the material specifications are reviewed, understood and agreed by the supplier
· Be aware of and assess changes to a suppliers capability to meet the Mars Specification
· Ensure that all suppliers are assigned a current status with defined supply and verification requirements
· Conduct supplier reviews according to MQM standard
Participate to the selection of raw material suppliers:
· Drive supplier continuous improvement and innovation within the Portfolio
· Evaluate the supplier raw material policy, tool capability and management ability to deliver a consistent materials
· Evaluation of critical step management
· Manage the audits (plant, organization, tools, traceability…) of each suppliers included in the Officer’s portfolio following the Mars standards
· Write audit reports, propose corrective action plan and follow-up accordingly
· Lead continuous improvement within supplier organization
· Survey and evaluate sanitary conditions and take preventive & corrective action accordingly
Monitor the quality of raw materials delivered to Royal Canin:
· Monitor the nutritional and food safety results of deliveries
· Contribute to Supplier Scorecard quality and performance review
· Implement relevant quality focus at reception and follow up
· Propose and agree with supplier relevant continuous improvement plan and follow the effectiveness of the corrective and preventive actions.
Guarantee the compliance with RC purchasing roles:
· Pilot the raw Material Risk Assessment of raw material in relation with the R&D, Central
· Manage the creation and update of raw material specifications as required
· Evaluate regulatory climate by monitoring and analyzing regulations (FDA,CFIA,…), guidelines and standards, assistance if required in FDA/USDA inspections
· Assist in all LRQA and internal audits, respecting the MQM and RC Commercial 10 roles
· Guarantee the knowledge management of the raw material quality and share this knowledge with the team
What can you expect from Mars?
· Our unique Culture guided by our Five Principles have made us one of the Great Places to Work in Brazil.
· We are an international family owned company.
· Our Mars Associates build their careers by working with our amazing brands and people, being proud of their work today that will ensure a better tomorrow
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Engineer, Scientific, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Technology