A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The focus of this role is to work in a team environment to provide daily care and management for the pets within the Royal Canin Petcare Feeding Facility. The role includes cleaning of the facilities, grooming, socialization, training, exercise, and facility maintenance to provide optimal animal models for nutritional research.
What we are looking for:
· High School diploma or GED
· 1+ years experience Interacting with cats and/or dogs
· Ability to lift 50lbs
· Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
· Willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
· Experience with quality assurance
· Experience with basic grooming and training
· Experience working in an animal facility or animal hospital
· Knowledge in animal facility operations
· Knowledge of animal health and management issues
· Complete daily cleaning for primary and secondary housing areas within the PHNC in accordance with SOPs, Animal Welfare Act, and Mars Standards.
· Implement environmental enrichment, exercise, socialization and grooming programs in accordance with standard operating procedures.
· Evaluate pet health (both mental and physical) for any veterinary and/or enrichment needs. Assisting the Health Care Team in treatment and research collections as needed.
· Perform animal behavior and obedience training following the Mars Standards. This includes implementing behavior modification plans, training for research activities, and support for rehoming.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Dayton
Nearest Secondary Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Quality Assurance, Technology