The Packaging Development Technologist is responsible for developing and deploying sustainable packaging initiatives that support brand growth, efficiency, quality for our world-famous Mars Food brands.
Working at our Mars Food site in Wyong, NSW where ideation, innovation and creation are developed under the one roof, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a vibrant internal and external network across different functions in the business, packaging suppliers and external packaging experts. Keeping track of innovation within the packaging area and pick-up relevant innovation trends to ensure projects meet business objectives and are delivered successfully.
· Deliver new packaging development from idea to implementation through partnering with suppliers, internal and external stakeholders, prototyping, artwork development and factory trials
· Support cost and sustainability projects that step change our financial shape & future business success
· Manufacturing support and specification development
· Involvement in two major capital investment projects related to packaging technologies
What will you bring to the role?
· Energy and passion for the food industry
· Minimum of 2 years of job experience in a technical field related closely to packaging
· Excellent project management skills and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment with cross-functional teams
· Bachelor’s degree required in Packaging Science, Materials or Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent education
Why Mars Australia?
· Awarded #4 in the Best Places to Work Australia survey for 2020
· Work in an environment with a true foodie culture
· Genuine focus on your development with access to world class training
· Global health and wellbeing program to support work-life balance
· Opportunity to make a difference with our volunteer and ambassador programs
What do MARS®, SNICKERS®, EXTRA®, ECLIPSE®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, DOLMIO®, UNCLE BEN’S® MASTERFOODS ® and ROYAL CANIN® have in common? They’re all made by Mars. We’re a family-owned, principle led business that’s been making products for people (and the pets that people love) for more than 100 years. Together, our 125,000+ Associates around the world are empowered to take action every day towards the world we want tomorrow. Because we know, the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today.
For more information visit careers.mars.com
Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. As we prefer to manage all sourcing directly, introductions via agency will not be accepted.
Job Segment: Engineer, R&D Engineer, Project Manager, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Technology