MULTI SKILLED TECHNICIAN
At Mars, your pet's health is our obsession. We focus our attention on the unique needs of cats and dogs. That obsession with detail is what makes it possible for us to deliver precise, effective nutrition, and help them become their magnificent best!
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Multi Skilled Technician to come and join our proactive days team in the Birstall factory on a permanent basis!
As an integral part of the maintenance/CI Team, the purpose of the role is to be responsible for delivering and completing mechanical and electrical maintenance tasks, continuous improvement tasks, and also guiding and mentoring technical apprentices throughout an engineering apprenticeship.
What are we looking for?
· 3+ years experience with an engineering environment on maintenance activities and strong electronical knowledge
· Recognised Mechanical engineering apprenticeship & basic mechanical trained
· LOTO trained
· NVQ Level 3 in electrical engineering
· SAP Knowledge
· Self-management skills and drive for results
What would be your key responsibilities:
· Working within the Birstall maintenance team and carrying out pro-active mechanical and eletrical maintenance on factory assets.
· Assisting and leading continuous improvement projects with the CI engineer.
· Completing planned maintenance work handed to you by the maintenance planner on a daily/weekly basis.
· Pro-actively coaching and driving factory compliance on maintenance activites
· Acting as a formal Mentor for apprentices throughout their training and giving them the drive to complete a successful apprenticeship
· Using the maintenance SAP system, logging and completing maintenance activities on a daily basis.
· Managing external contractors
What can you expect from Mars:
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
· A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
· The chance to take hold of your own career and develop personally and professionally.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 125,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, ERP, Electrical, SAP, Technology, Engineering