A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
We are seeking an Industrial Engineer (data analyst focus) for our Mars Wrigley site in Waco, TX.
*Company paid relocation is not available for this position.*
The Industrial Engineer (IE) is responsible for working with the Value Stream Manager and Industrial Engineering Manager to formalize and develop the lost strategy in the value stream. The role identifies, captures and highlights data to define areas which require optimization in order to make the process stream to enhance its safety, productivity and efficiency to deliver a quality product. The IE ensures the value stream has a clear roadmap for success over time, challenges the standards to deliver increased value and support the cost savings journey for the business unit connect with the Mars Wrigley supply strategy.
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Track KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), perform trend analysis and maintain capability database.
· Provide insight and objective analysis of performance and evaluate and communicate the performance against KPI targets.
· Coach value stream associates to ensure general understanding of KPI metrics and drivers.
· Support Activity Management (Project Management) process and provide objective perspective on impact proposed activities, projects and new products may have to the value stream.
· Draft and/or provide relevant input into capital projects.
· Conduct capability and capacity analysis to ensure that network demand is always met and that site assets are fully utilized.
· Lead bottleneck and capacity analysis for each plant process to determine maximum site throughputs and capacity constraints.
· Optimize labor efficiency to ensure that our factories are staffed with the right people in the right places.
· Leverage regional and global benchmarking to identify areas for improvement.
· Lead / participate in loss analysis to understand sources of financial leakage and support the site towards zero losses (FI Pillar of TPM).
· Project Coach for Lean / CI / Six Sigma to reduce site losses.
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Applied Science, Math (Statistics), Finance, Supply, Business Management or a related technical field.
· Advanced user of Microsoft Offices software including: Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Familiarity with PowerBI/Tableau or similar modeling and database skills.
· Superior written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to interact and influence all organizational levels; open to change and input from diverse workforce.
· Two (2) plus years of leadership experience.
· Experience working in Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing / TPM environment.
· Good working knowledge of cost-vs.-benefit analysis (e.g. IRR, payback period).
· Experience with Lean tools such as 5S, SMED, Standard Work.
· Knowledgeable with Root Cause Analysis tools such as 5-Why, Fishbone Analysis.
What can you expect from Mars?
• The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
• An industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
• The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Waco
Job Segment: Database, Technician, Engineer, Data Analyst, Lean Six Sigma, Technology, Engineering, Data, Management