A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Inbound-Outbound Material Handler
Location: Ft. Smith, Arkansas
Shift Hours: Monday-Friday 7 AM- 3:30 PM
· Demonstrate ability to record incoming and outgoing loads and moving the pallets to their designated location.
· Scanning pallets as they are loaded onto the trailer.
· Demonstrate the ability to record all transactions in Red Prairie.
· Demonstrate proficiency in loading/unloading trailers.
· Demonstrate ability in reconciling inventory and locations using the Red Prairie System.
· Demonstrate ability to Manage Red Prairie & SAP programs in regard to materials management.
· Demonstrate understanding of site security policies.
· Assist QMST with the movement of hold materials.
· Prepare all bill of lading documentation for outgoing product
· Serve as Yard Dog Operator when needed.
· Demonstrate understanding of warehousing principles.
· Demonstrate ability to read a schedule and confirm label and product sku match.
· Demonstrate knowledge of moving product from location to location using the Red Prairie System.
· Demonstrate ability to inspect exterior of trailer before performing the dock locking steps to ensure the trailer is safe for loading and unloading.
· Demonstrates the ability to use pallet wrapper and able to operate the wrapper in a safe manner.
· Demonstrate understanding of the Dock Lock Steps
· Demonstrate ability to perform proper pre & post – inspection of yard dog.
· Demonstrate the process of the reject trailer inspection
· Inspect exterior of trailer before performing the dock locking steps to ensure to ensure trailer to safe for associate to load and unload.
· Demonstrate ability to move trailer’s in and out of the dock doors using the yard dog in a safe manner.
· Ability to obtain Forklift and Yard dog certification
· Demonstrates ability to perform a forklift inspection
· Demonstrates the ability to change a forklift battery when needed
· Demonstrates how to use the battery charging station
· Demonstrate ability to utilize chocks and trailer stand to stabilize trailers.
· Communicate with the line to ensure trailers are loaded and unloaded in an accurate and timely manner.
· Must be willing to learn replenishment and load building.
· Demonstrate willingness to cross-train and perform any other duties assigned
Must be comfortable with the following Leadership Capabilities:
· Priority setting.
· Problem Solving
· Conflict Management.
· Planning and Time Management
· Dealing with ambiguity.
· Must have functional knowledge of operating a forklift- at least 3-4 years of forklift experience is required.
· Must have knowledge of inventory management systems
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Smith
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Technology