An opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated and analytical Transport Operations Controller to join our Logistics Operations team based at our state-of-the-art DC in Castle Donington. You will be integral in supporting, analysing and monitoring the execution of the plans produced by our Logistics Planning Department.
The role is to work predominantly nights, following 2-2-3 shift pattern. This is a temporary role for a period of 10 months (working until November 2020) which will offer you some valuable experience as part of our Logistics Planning department.
Key accountabilities and measures
• Ensure transport team execute the plans produced by Logistics Planning Centre
• Provide real time monitoring on work and make necessary changes to ensure all work is completed on time and in full
• Monitor site and driver compliance to plan
• Support the planning team with reporting and administration
• Ensure on the day execution across the transport sites is effective and within service and cost requirements – challenge when not
• Monitor delivery performance into sites and liase with warehousing/supplier functions access supply chain
• Interrogate systems to provide management information and carry out analysis as required
• Ensure office administration is completed in an accurate and timely manner
To be successful in this role you will be able to think on your feet and be adaptable to change - transport can be very unpredictable! You will possess sound analytical skills and have the ability to work under pressure and make informed decisions in a fast moving environment. Knowledge of transport networks is desirable along with Paragon software experience, and of course we will need you to be IT literate.