In this role you will support the Food Analytics Team in delivering advanced analytics projects. In addition, you will be required to design and develop new reports and applications to support the requirements of the Food business. Working alongside a team of likeminded analysts, you will implement analytical techniques in a demanding and fast paced commercial environment. With an intuitive grasp of numbers, you will be passionate about supporting innovative analytical thinking.
Using advanced analytical techniques and reporting, you will be enabling the Food functions to interact with and understand their key performance indicators. Enabling areas to make informed, accurate and timely decisions whilst providing data driven solutions to complex commercial and logistical challenges.
· Interpreting data, analysing results using advanced econometrics and statistical techniques such as regression, optimisation, random forest etc.
· Develop and prepare reports and insight for stakeholders to monitor performance, as well as presenting and illustrating findings to ensure key learnings are understood
· Work closely with stakeholders to fully understand requirements and provide collaborative solutions based on a commercial and analytical understanding
· Become an advocate for creating a data driven business by illustrating the power of analytics and reporting
· Work collaboratively with the other analysts in the team to create a thriving analytics environment where knowledge and ideas are shared
· Recommendations provided have supported measurable improvements to Foods Supply Chain (e.g. availability, waste, operational efficiencies, sales growth etc.)
· Analytical output has influenced new ways of working across Supply Chain and the wider business
· Regular analysis and data products are innovative, accurate and delivered on time
· Increased the use and knowledge of data manipulation and reporting tools within the Supply Chain functions
· Feedback from key stakeholders across Foods Supply Chain and the Leadership team is positive
· Expert level knowledge of advanced data mining and statistical modelling: Predictive modelling techniques (e.g., binomial and multinomial regression, ANOVA); Classification techniques (e.g., Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, factor analysis); Decision Tree techniques (e.g., CART, CHAID) etc.
· Demonstrable programming ability in different programming languages such as Python, R
· Deep hands on experience on processing extremely large data sets
· Strong data visualisation skills. Knowledge of Power Bi is desirable.
· Strong SQL experience
· Enthusiasm and desire to learn new tools and techniques
· Exceptional problem solving, analytical and numerical skills
· Evidence an ability to manage time effectively due to shifting priorities and deliver to fixed timescales
· Strong ability to share knowledge/experience in the team
· Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
· Excellent communication skills and able to present confidently to senior stakeholders
· Can work using own initiative and deliver under pressure
· Has demonstrated a hunger to challenge the status quo and influence at all levels in an organisation
· Ability to interact with the business to understand their needs and interpret how they could be fulfilled using the available data
· Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to work in a team or as individual