Deliver projects around customer, marketing, merchandising and inventory analytics and insights including ad-hoc requests originating from enterprise wide brands. Enterprise Data Science & Analytics is responsible for managing customer data, statistical modeling and advanced analytics requests from all the brands – Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works, and Henri Bendel. The Data Scientist will be responsible for delivery of analytics requests and special projects. The associate in this position will leverage several data sources and statistical techniques to interpret, analyze and develop solutions to business questions and present findings with actionable recommendations.
· Deliver projects around customer, marketing, merchandising and inventory analytics and insights including ad-hoc requests originating from enterprise wide brands.
· Use various statistical techniques like but not limited to predictive modeling, customer profiling, segmentation, data mining etc. to provide relevant & accurate insights
· Execute predictive model scorings in order to support various customer marketing initiatives.
· Query structured/unstructured data and perform exploratory data analysis on customer data and provide actionable insights.
· Present ideas and findings with actionable recommendations in an easily consumable manner.
· Participate in peer reviews of projects
· Stay current with business results, strategies, industry standards and best practices.
A degree in statistics / mathematics / economics / engineering / physics / computer science / informatics / data science / psychology / neuroscience
· Experience in customer / marketing analytics role preferably in retail domain
· Expert level proficiency in R or Python
· Additional technical experience of working in a cloud environment (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure) is preferred.
· In-depth knowledge of statistical procedures that are applied in segmentation, profiling, and data mining.
· Knowledge of machine learning and cognitive computing techniques applied to computing problems such as classification, natural language processing, computer vision, optimization and prediction / forecasting.
· Experience in working with working with different databases and data types (e.g., tables, JSON). Strong SQL querying skills is mandatory. Working knowledge of other query languages and databases is a plus.
· Ability to understand business needs to generate relevant accurate insights or translate business needs into analytical specifications
· Demonstrated analytical & problem solving skills, ability to interpret reports, analyze trends and provide insights
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate complicated statistical analytical concepts to business stakeholders in a simplified comprehendible manner.
· Ability to mentor / train other analysts on the team
· Highly energized personality with a positive attitude and ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize, multi task and work under tight timelines
· Advanced quantitative degree in Mathematics, Advance statistics, physics, operations research, bio statistics &/or computer science preferred but not required
· Ability to work well in a team setting and develop solutions with team members
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.