Individual contributor responsible for general cooking duties in preparing Starbucks beverages and snacks. Ensures service standards are met and surpassed by creating the Starbucks Experience for your customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable environment. Opening and closing as scheduled. Maintain excellent customer service to ensure optimal customer satisfaction. Scheduled shifts are Monday through Friday.
• Responsible for general cooking duties in preparing Starbucks beverage and snack items.
• Responsible for customer service and delivering Starbucks’ Legendary Service.
• Ensure Presentation of food/beverages is in line with Starbucks standards.
• Oversees sanitation and food safety techniques for designated area.
• Assists with catering needs.
• Assists with other Café projects.
• Attends required 40 hour Starbucks training and certify as a Starbucks Barista.
• Create displays and presentation of novelty items (to go mugs, mugs, home brew coffee, etc.)
• Processing transactions through the cash register and accurately maintaining daily cash drawer.
• Preparing area to include setting up the equipment in the front-of-the-house for service.
• Appropriately suggests product with every customer to enhance service and meet your sales goals.
• Provides quality beverages, such as espresso drinks and Coffee of the Week, Whole Bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Time Management skills
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Learns and demonstrates creating the Starbucks Experience
Food Service Competencies:
• Technical Skills and abilities
• Food Safety and Sanitation
• Learning Agility
• Organization and Time Management
• Communication skills
• Customer Intimacy
• Executing for Results
• Positive Impact
• Talent Building
• Change Agility
Work Experience and Education:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Related field beneficial
• 2 years of experience preferred
• Previous experience in the culinary field beneficial
Special Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to lift 30lbs
• Must be able to stand for 7.5 hour shifts
• No direct reports
• Interface with all levels of organization in Home Office
• Partner with Client Group Representatives company-wide
*Any offer of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a pre-employment drug test.*
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.