You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Overview of the opportunity:
KPMG\u0027s Tax practice is focused on finding opportunities and leveraging them to our clients\u0027 advantage. Through tailored tax planning advice, our professional tax teams help clients gain a competitive advantage.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
U.S. Tax Services:
The U.S. Corporate Tax Services in the Greater Montreal Area is part of KPMG's tax practice, which is one of the fastest growing practices in the firm. KPMG's U.S. Corporate Tax Practice provides the following compliance and consulting services:
· Preparation of U.S. corporate and partnership tax filings including tax returns, extension vouchers, estimates, etc.
· Review and analyze federal and state notices received from the respective tax authorities
· Assisting senior staff members in all aspects of corporate tax initiatives
· Analysis of financial statements and trial balances from a tax point of view for various clients
· Develop your technical skills and knowledge of our clients\u0027 business
What you bring to the role:
KPMG's U.S. Corporate Tax Practice is looking to hire individuals with a wide ranging and diverse skill set, who are enthusiastic to take on a variety of challenges and opportunities, but there are universal strengths that all KPMG people have:
· Seeking to obtain the U.S. CPA designation with a keen interest in U.S. Corporate Tax Services
· Strong academic record
· Business focus to understand our clients\u0027 issues
· Strong sense of personal accountability to both our clients and your own personal career goals
· Excellent problem-solving skills to help identify issues and generate answers
· Relationship-building skills to interact with clients, colleagues, and the wider community
· Proficiency in written and spoken French and English, well developed communication skills
· Willingness to work hard with a diverse and dynamic team, positive attitude required and outgoing personality is a plus
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint)
· Diverse background and experience in team building and leadership
· Energy, fresh ideas and the drive to make a difference
· A balance of extra-curricular involvement and a sound academic background
· Canadian CPA not required
All applications must be received no later than November 22th, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST .
Applications can be addressed to Jeremy Pister and should include resume and an electronic copy of your most recent transcript. If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school's website.
If you experience any difficulties with the online system, please contact
Location Montréal, QC ,Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process , please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
,Job Function Tax