We invite highly motivated, dynamic professionals to join our growing Valuations practice.
KPMG’s Valuation Services includes more than 1,500 professionals in KPMG member firms across more than 50 countries around the globe. Our network has experience in a wide range of major industries and familiarity with local regulatory and M&A marketplaces. KPMG Singapore is a leading valuation practice in Asia Pacific and is among the most diverse teams in the region. We are continually searching for talented individuals to join our team.
Lead in the execution of valuation engagements. Your main responsibilities will include:
• Performing independent valuation of financial instruments, businesses, tangible and intangible assets, including derivatives and structured products (plain vanilla as well as exotics), equity and debt securities, for mergers and acquisitions, litigation support, dispute resolution, financial reporting, restructuring, and financial advisory.
• Building and analysing financial models and assessing assumptions and data which underlie the model.
• Researching and monitoring industry best practices on valuation models and techniques to ensure that the valuation practice is in line with industry best practices.
• Pitching for new work, including preparation and presentation of proposals.
• Building and maintaining client relationships before, during, and after engagements.
• Supervising, training, and mentoring associates and interns on valuation and valuation-related services.
• Working closely with Partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development activities.
Experience, skills and qualifications
• Excellent academic background with a Master of Science in Financial Engineering, Financial Mathematics, Computational Finance, or related degree. Professional qualification in Accounting / FRM / CFA will be an added advantage.
• Ideally 2 or more years’ valuation experience acquired with the valuation practice within an accounting firm, professional services firm, or a financial institution (e.g. bank, fund). Experience in valuations control, building and/or validating pricing models, would be an added advantage.
• Strong grasp of quantitative finance, including models for equity, interest rates, FX, derivatives and credit related products, monte carlo simulation, and numerical valuation techniques. Proficiency in business valuation, and intangible asset valuation concepts, such as discounted cash flow models, trading and transaction multiples, would be a plus.
• Expertise in implementing valuation models for financial instruments in VBA and/or other programming languages is essential.
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving, presentation, and report writing skills.
• Good understanding of financial issues within a commercial context, business dynamics and commercial value drivers.
• Self-motivated individual who is able to work independently, develop good relationships with senior management and Partners, and operate well within a team environment.
• High proficiency in both verbal and written English is essential. Chinese or other Southeast Asian language skills are an added advantage.
Candidates should be prepared for technical questions during interviews. All applications will be held in strict confidence.