You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Overview of the opportunity:
You will be responsible for monthly or quarterly bookkeeping for various clients, including administering client payroll and GST. You will also prepare unaudited financial statements and corporate tax returns by putting together a complete file and making all the necessary journal entries to the client's records. Your duties will also include the preparation of personal tax returns in March and April each year.
What you will do:
· Prepare income tax returns for personal and corporate clients.
· Prepare working paper files and Notice to Reader financial statements.
· Complete monthly and quarterly bookkeeping for select clients
· Ensure follow-up on notices of assessments.
· Provide support to team members in related tasks.
What you bring to the role:
· Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills allowing effective interaction with staff.
· Enthusiastic with a desire to learn.
· Organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
· Excellent client service skills, with the ability to understand the clients\u0027 businesses.
· Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships.
· Strong bookkeeping background, with complete general ledger accounting experience
· Excellent computer skills - Excel experience is required.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Bookkeeping or Accounting diploma would be an asset but not required.
· Previous experience with public accounting firm and/or preparation of corporate tax would also be considered an asset.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Location Vernon, BC ,Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process , please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
Category Accounting Service Line Enterprise Tax ,Industry Not Applicable