- Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG
- Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions
- Proactively driving forward new and creative ideas which benefit the client
You will join a great team and take a proactive role in delivering engagements to senior staff within our clients. You will have the opportunity to provide advice across the Technology sourcing and IT transformation lifecycle from sourcing strategy, operating model development, procurement and transition, to post deal services and contract value assurance.
Typical client delivery work will include the following activities:
- Supporting the development of proposed operating models, sourcing strategies, roadmaps, implementation plans and robust business cases for the functional areas of IT and transformational change programmes leveraging current and upcoming technologies
- Assisting clients through the supplier selection process from initial supplier engagement through to negotiation and contract signature.
- Supporting the development of planned future service scope and establishing the service delivery governance framework for future state operations.
- Supporting the client through the technical, service and IT operating model transformation process. Taking on key roles overseeing and managing transformation and transition activities.
- Supporting the definition and assistance with post-contract vendor governance activities including the design of the retained organisation and transition to new ways of working.
- Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning
- Shares experiences with others to assistant their learning and understanding
- Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives
- Actively engages with others in order to address their views/concerns
Sector experience is less relevant, although experience within Financial Services would be preferred, and we are specifically interested in meeting you if you have the IT sourcing skill-set and capabilities (across the sourcing life-cycle) and with the following backgrounds:
- Industry: sourcing or operating model experience, working within a FTSE 250 organisation or large public sector organisation
- Service provider: experience in a client facing role within service provider environment, typical roles might include Technology Sales, Service Delivery Manager, Transition Manager, Solution Manager.• Consultancy: client facing experience from within IT/sourcing/Service Management
- A demonstrable knowledge of the content of outsourcing contracts, best practice in this area and the process for negotiating a sourcing contract.
A demonstrable knowledge of how technology sourcing and operating models need to adapt as a result of the impact of recent technology changes such as, but not restricted to, Cloud, Agile or Automation
- Good foundation and understanding of the IT Function of a large organisation.
- ITIL v3 and/or Prince 2 (or similar) accredited
- Operating model and process design