There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - North Carolina (US-NC) - Kernersville
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Design Engineer - 60663
As a Design Engineer at John Deere Construction & Forestry Division in Kernersville, NC, you will lead and participate in the planning, developing, and design of electrical and electronic systems within product development team. You will provide ongoing system integration and coordination with Hitachi, Deere-Hitachi and John Deere Power Systems. In addition, you will:
· Plan, lead, and execute electrical hardware PDP projects in support of the excavator product line. This includes design of wire harnesses and electrical hardware, developing and executing project plans, and resolving critical development issues.
· Develop and maintain electrical system and/or component design specifications.
· Own electrical product design guidelines and documentation of the product line electrical intellectual property.
· Lead module/QIT efforts to improve quality of electrical and electronic components and provide rapid response to factory and field issues.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position .
What Skills You Need
· 3 or more years of engineering experience
· 2 or more years of experience developing, integrating, or testing vehicle electrical systems involving any of the following domains: electrical components, electro - mechanical components, wiring harnesses, or electrical schematics
· Experience leading/owning project deliverables
· Self-motivated and able to manage time effectively
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to travel domestically up to 25% and work off-shift hours, as needed to support engineering machine builds (potentially 1-2 weeks per year)
What Makes You Stand Out
· Experience developing complete electrical vehicle systems or sub-systems
· Experience developing wiring harnesses and electrical systems using 3D CAD tools and schematic software such as CREO and Capital Harness Systems
· Demonstrated understanding of the intersection between software and hardware
· Experience leading design work performed by remotely located team members
· Agricultural equipment and/or off-highway vehicle development experience
· Experience with system engineering practices
· Project management experience
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Agricultural Engineering or equivalent work experience.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Greensboro
Job Segment: Agricultural, Design Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Construction, Agriculture, Engineering