Operates, inspects, and maintains all HVAC, refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and production equipment and systems in assigned facilities to obtain most efficient operating results and life expectancy. Assures that equipment is being maintained in an energy efficient, safe manner and down time is reduced to a minimum by anticipation of necessary repairs keeping records of past operating experiences. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc. Strong areas. Strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all HVAC/R systems. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in HVAC and refrigeration and be multi skilled in electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Material Handling Equipment and others in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments.
Area of Responsibility
· Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
· Maintain, operate, and repair all HVAC/R systems and associated equipment, electrical distribution equipment, plumbing systems, building interior/exterior repair, and related grounds, and production equipment as it pertains to assigned buildings.
· Study and become familiar with the various items of equipment, and the methods required to use them properly, that are required in everyday activities.
· Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
· Complete Hazard Assessments as necessary
· Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
· Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
· Must complete all required safety trainings as scheduled
· Practice Defensive Driving at all times
· Submit P-card Receipts Daily
· Update work order status in real time
· Utilize CMMS systems such as Corrigo for all work performed.
· Perform Vehicle Safety Inspection
· Escalating problems or issues to Customer and Manager in a timely manner
· Attend work and safety meetings as required
· Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
· Preferred: 3rd Party Certification
· Years of relevant experience
· Minimum of four (4) years of technical experience in all aspects of building engineering with a strong background in the technical aspects of HVAC/R, plumbing, electrical, production equipment repair and maintenance. Knowledge of overall system design and applications.
· Other abilities
· Strong Customer Service skills
· Strong Interpersonal skills
· HVAC technicians must have a Universal CFC recovery certification (or within 90 days of employment)
· High School diploma or GED equivalent.
· Licenses as required by authority having jurisdiction
· Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel
· Two years of trades school or documented apprenticeship in electrical systems, refrigeration and HVAC
· Physical work requirements and work conditions
· Physical Work Requirements:
· Lifting up to 80 lbs.
· Working from heights.
· Frequently climbing, bending, lifting, kneeling, stooping, and working/extending overhead.
· Working in adverse conditions (i.e., extreme cold, extreme hot).
· Climbing a ladder with a 300 lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
· Climbing a ladder up to 30 feet.
· Must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties as required.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.