The Property Associate provides direct administrative support to Property Management Team. •
ADMINISTRATIVE: • Certificate of Insurance Tracking – COI’s must be maintained and updated on a monthly basis for both Tenants and Vendors.
• General Filing – PA assists Tenant Service Coordinator to ensure all document/paper work is properly filed (weekly).
• Repair Service – Contacts repair service vendors when necessary or requested by team member.
• Overnight Mail –Prepares express mail packages and monitors supply levels and replenishes as necessary if TSC is not available
• Management Audit – Ensure compliance level of management audit is maintained (quarterly) and prepares all files and records in preparation for the audit (annually). • Budget Preparation – Assists team members with budget preparation for the property as requested. •
• Accounts Payables – Property Associate is responsible for ensuring all invoices for the property are received, properly coded and paid in a timely manner if TSC is not available.
• W-9’s – Obtains completed W-9 forms from all vendors.
• Manual Adjustment – PA will prepare manual adjustment forms for all miscellaneous Tenant Service Request • Electric Consumption Tracking- responsible for ensuring proper building metering.
• Rent Statements - responsible for pulling, compiling and providing TSRs to AGM for review/approval. Compiles all necessary documents and issues statement to tenant by the 20th of every month.
* Monitors Accounts Receivable, makes rent calls, sends out collections notices, keeps client accounting contact up to date with status of payments.
• Tenant Service Request – PA is responsible for daily review of TSR’s noting completion times or dates if beyond acceptable limits, whether job performed to satisfy TSR, etc. Work with staff to ensure discrepancies and address accordingly.
• Contracts - draft contracts as requested by managers within 48 hours of the request. • Contract Summary – maintain and update as needed. Monitor contract expirations to update as needed.
• Special Requests – coordinate estimates upon request for tenant approval and schedule appropriately with third-party vendors (dumpsters, cleaning, pest control, security, electrician, carpenter, etc.)
* Follow up on contracted work tickets to ensure that all contractors are completing work properly.
TENANT RELATIONS: • Customer Service – Provide superior customer service to all tenants, clients and vendors at all times.
• Tenant Events – PA is responsible for assisting Concierge in the planning and coordination of all scheduled tenant events at the property.
• Tenant Handbook – review, update and revise as necessary. Coordinate distribution of updates or revisions to all tenants. • Tenant Notification –Prepare tenant memo’s and correspondence as directed by Managers regarding building holidays, upcoming events, etc.
• Safety Warden Meetings – Work with Director of Security to plan annual safety warden meeting.
• Tenant Move-In’s/Move-Out’s – coordinate all arrangements, notifications, logins and acquire proper authorization, forms and documents and collect certificate of insurance as necessary.
• Contact Lists –maintain and update no less than monthly tenant and inter-office employee contacts lists to include emergency contact numbers.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. • Microsoft Office proficiency • Workplace experience, minimum of 1-3 years in an office setting • Commercial Real Estate Experience a Plus • Planning and Organizing – establish course of action to accomplish goals and evaluates results, develops schedules and task/people assignments, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently. • Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal customer, acts with customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, and gains their trust and respect. • Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. • Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to professionals both inside and outside the organization uses diplomacy and tact. • Learning on the Fly - learn quickly when facing new problems, open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. • Self-Starter –able to start and complete projects independently. • Time Management – use time effectively and efficiently, can attend to a broader range of activities, gets more done in less time than others. • Written/Oral communications – ability to speak and write clearly and concisely, get messages across that have the desired effect. • Attention to detail – is thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small, will not overlook what needs to be done and can be depended upon to do each task accurately and completely.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.