Abo ut JLL
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specialising in real estate. We help organisations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
What this job involves
The EMEA Financial Services Compliance Officer supports the entire EMEA Capital Markets division. Although largely unregulated, this includes the financially regulated Corporate Finance business lines operating in EMEA. This will be a varied job, with a mixture of managing and creating processes and projects and working with local and international colleagues.
The individual supports the EMEA Head of Compliance with respect to the larger unregulated real estate cross-border transactional business. This individual will, though, act as the designated Compliance Officer (SMF16 / CF10) and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (SMF17 / CF11) for Jones Lang LaSalle Corporate Finance Limited. The business is broken down into Funds & Collective Investments, M&A, Debt & Equity Finance.
The role sits within the Legal & Compliance family, and the regulated business (a wholly owned subsidiary of the UK business) will align itself closely with the compliance policies and procedures of the wider JLL group. The individual will report formally to the EMEA Head of Compliance, but they will sit with the Capital Markets Counsel and work closely with Capital Market business (especially the divisional Chief Operating Officer).
You will be responsible for providing leadership and support on compliance matters to our regulated business and capital markets, equity and debt financing teams with a particular focus on financial regulation, Anti-Financial Crime and Professional Ethics. This includes
· Financial Services compliance – Maintaining the registration and authorisation of the regulated business in EMEA (this will mean liaising with other jurisdictions). Submitting returns and forms as needed, reviewing financial promotions, investigating breaches and auditing engagement files.
· Governance compliance – Attending the management committee for the regulated business, preparing compliance reports for local leadership, assisting the EMEA Capital Markets Counsel on company secretarial / governance matters (e.g. Senior Manager & Certification Regime).
· Anti-Money Laundering – As MLRO, ensuring Know Your Client / Counterparty procedures are followed in all AML-scope transactions. This will include drawing support from the Group MLRO and UK AML Team. Increasing awareness in reporting of suspicious activity in the regulated business.
· Data Management – Advising on the management of price sensitive inside information / insider lists in national and international deals, maintaining stop / watch lists as advised, testing of information barriers and dealing with any actual or suspected breaches.
· Conflicts of Interests – Advising on potential conflicts of interests (personal and corporate) as they arise in the business, assisting with obtaining informed consent and implementation of information barriers. Advising on personal account dealing requests.
· Contract-to-Billing – Providing advice and assistance (together with the Data Admin team) on completion of the Contract-to-Billing process, including creating CRM opportunities, on-boarding clients, working with Capital Markets Counsel on contracts, revenue recognition and invoicing.
· Training & Communications – Contributing to and independently delivering training on relevant compliance matters to Capital Markets teams (e.g. on financial services compliance). Preparing guidance documents and team communications. Helping in chasing completion of training.
· Industry / Sector Ambassador – Deputising at meetings with other Compliance Directors / Professionals within the corporate finance / real estate industry, representing JLL in sector groups or forums. Keeping abreast of regulatory developments and initiatives.
· Compliance Processes – Administering compliance processes across the business, such as Gifts and Entertainment, Supplier Due Diligence, whistleblowing and investigations, and responding to client tenders / questionnaires / audits.
Every day is different, and in all these activities, we’d encourage you to show your ingenuity.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have:
· A formal Legal qualification (within financial services) or a Compliance qualification such as from the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investments, CFA Institute or equivalent.
· Previous experience within a UK financial services organisation is required. The individual will have held as a SMF16/17 (CF10/11) or been a deputy and ready to take on such a role.
· A thorough knowledge of Financial Services regulation (FCA, MiFID, AIFMD, MAR) in wholesale markets work and/or as affecting the funds and corporate finance industry.
· Able to deal with regulatory and compliance queries independently and to manage senior stakeholders on a regular basis.
· Willingness to learn as training will be provided, to attend external training courses / seminars / webinars, and to share learnings with colleagues.
· Good knowledge of SharePoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook, Adobe Sign, Webex
· Excellent spoken and written communication skills, capable of dealing with colleagues of all seniority (within Legal & Compliance and the Capital Markets business)
· Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients, with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Proven organisation and workload prioritisation skills whilst keeping attention to detail and completing projects on-time and on-budget
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.